Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jparker
    To say one is better, you need many to compare. Claming one is the best by restrictig other competitors is like buying yourself rally fame.
    Currently IRC is testig driver's skills, WRC is testing ability to cheet, to survive long stages with crap tyres, quickly changing wheels. On other hand, Citroen are testing how long Fins will suffer before giving up on the World title. It's kind of entertaining, but that's not rallying.
    What a load of BS!
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    @Tomi: I guess it's beyond you why many car makers are gearing up to join IRC, and nobody for WRC.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    @Tomi: I guess it's beyond you why many car makers are gearing up to join IRC, and nobody for WRC.
    To my knowledge, some of cars makes that now drives in IRC (Fiat, Peugeot too if Citroen stops) will propably join the WRC after the new rules about the cars comes. Also I think that there will be next year several S2000 cars in PWRC if they get them more reliable, at the moment its no idea to use S2000 there, too fragile car.
    About how many makes will join IRC I dont know, and actually it is quite irrelevant.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Please name one that is gearing up to join IRC? And I mean as a proper works team effort not a single cash payment to series promoter as an point scoring fee.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

DonJippo 09:05 14th Jul 08
    Please name one that is gearing up to join IRC? And I mean as a proper works team effort not a single cash payment to series promoter as an point scoring fee
    Good point. I guess they are waiting to see the new WRC rules. But the cars are out there, proper work teams or not, they will continue to race, and that's what matters.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll be honest. I don't watch or follow IRC, so I can't compare the two. But I like WRC, and that's why I follow WRC and come to this forum everyday
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IMO the best cars and probably the best drivers are in the WRC, but the most competetive, and then most exciting championship, is the IRC. So my answer depends on the point of view
    M. Monroe: Diamonds are girl's best friend
    feresc13: If they are three in red, also for a guy

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Just watched the IRC from Russia and it was pretty horrible to be honest. Day1 had no car sound, just inboard audio put over everything else.

It doesn't apeal to me at all really. I find a series like the ARC which has the same cars with mixed S2000 and Group N much more enjoyable to watch.

Think the IRC could have been much better if North One did the production.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    They are both average series not in the best of strength and both with huge flaws. The concept of there being more companies interested in S2000/IRC seems like a bit of a myth to be honest. All I see is that has any weight or money behind it is Peugeot and Abarth.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    To my knowledge, some of cars makes that now drives in IRC (Fiat, Peugeot too if Citroen stops) will propably join the WRC after the new rules about the cars comes. Also I think that there will be next year several S2000 cars in PWRC if they get them more reliable, at the moment its no idea to use S2000 there, too fragile car.
    About how many makes will join IRC I dont know, and actually it is quite irrelevant.
    And your knowledge about Fiat and Pug comes from where?