Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What is currently best - WRC or IRC

I am currently conducting a poll, on my blog, to find out what people think is the best championship currently in rallying. It is totally unscientific and I have only included seven championships to narrow things down a bit. I know many peoples favourites aren't included but it is really designed to be a fight between the WRC and IRC.

The interesting thing is that the WRC and IRC are very close in the votes, with the IRC just edging it at the minute.

Interested to hear what people think is the best.

http://rallybuzz.stagetimes.com/vote...-poll-wrc-irc/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    while IRC apparently gives a better spectacle than WRC, ask any IRC driver if they would take a top WRC ride, I bet 100% would answer yes.

so it's like comparing GP2 with F1 or NASCAR Nationwide with NASCAR Sprint.
    while the "lesser" series might give better events, the top one is still the top on where almost everyone is whishing to go to.

So basically not much point in comparing.
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think the two championship are in competition with each other. They are different formulas. The cars in IRC is more about revolutions and the WRC cars are more about torque. It runs a bit differently and the challenges are a bit different due to the length.

It depends on what you mean by best. Right now I'm impressed with the IRC races, though they are a two days event, the times classification in the end are much closer that WRC, which must means to me, more competition.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    It' s like comparing Moto GP vs World Superbikes. One is the 'Blue Riband' but the other one probably has more action.
    WRC is were everyone wants to be, while the other is more cost effective and probably more exciting.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    well all the best drivers are currently in the WRC most of the drivers in IRC are second class or local heroes who never did it in the big league..... IRC is sure more fun to watch right now if you are interested in battles and spectacle but if you want to see real driving then its the wrc.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WRC and by far, better drivers, faster cars, better tv coverage too, even there was much talk about it before the challenge started.
    IRC is a good series for those who dont aim to the top of the sport or never really made the top but still want to drive.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    WRC obviously has more prestige and the cars are more powerful but the competition is closer in IRC, the cars are better to watch (and listen to) and the choice of events are a bit nicer.

I find WRC so bland these days; next event two weeks later, same things happen, same three drivers fighting out for victory...

I also dispute that the level of drivers in WRC is much higher, I think we discussed that on another thread somewhere already. The very cream of the crop in WRC are surely better, but there are also many mediocre drivers in WRC teams (if you count M2 teams) who would probably struggle in IRC. I am not even convinced that Hirvonen could win the IRC title with it's fairly heavy tarmac bias.

I'd also dispute that IRC is only "good for people who don't aim for the top or who never really made it to the top". It surely is a better alternative than pWRC or jWRC for upcoming drivers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    I'd also dispute that IRC is only "good for people who don't aim for the top or who never really made it to the top". It surely is a better alternative than pWRC or jWRC for upcoming drivers.
    In what way?
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    In what way?
    Look at the championship standings in either series, they are a joke.

They might be ok for making pace notes, but then surely pacenotes are quite different if you are diving a WRCar to an S1600?

Surely it is better for an up and coming driver to have some real competition to sharpen his driving skills?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Look at the championship standings in either series, they are a joke.

They might be ok for making pace notes, but then surely pacenotes are quite different if you are diving a WRCar to an S1600?

Surely it is better for an up and coming driver to have some real competition to sharpen his driving skills?
    Championship standings has nothing to do with it, how much real competition did Hänninen have in the Russian round? I think he has had much more in every PWRC event this year.
    Aja kovaa Pena.