Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scaliwag
    Thanks everybody for contributing to this thread, I apologise for not answering all the posts.

The reason, one of our family dogs, Red is coming to the end of her life and I have to be with her.
    May God bless you all.
    Regards scaliwag.

I am so sorry. We lost Toko, our Chihuahua in July, and we stilll grieve for her. I hope you'll be OK.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on

Put any of the other drivers in the Honda and I would guess Jenson will come off with the fastest time and best tyres at the end of it.

Good grief!! are we going to canonise the guy or what? maybe we could enlist his help in the Pommy Cricket team.
    :

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Good grief!! are we going to canonise the guy or what? maybe we could enlist his help in the Pommy Cricket team.
    :
    *sigh* Getting worried that DC will out do Webber? :
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IMHO Having more people, can't be much worse than having none. Sure someone will go in the wrong direction, but that is why they have a team. I am sure HONDA would not just hire a whole bunch of people and let them loose. In '06 HONDA was lacking in aero, but they did OK, which would indicate to me that someone in the squad that was responsible for aero knew what they were doing to some extent.
    Now you add more people, and perhaps that person that appeared to be OK in the aero department turns out to be a brilliand designer, that just simply needed some extra help to realize his/her full potential.
    At least that is what I am hopong will happen.
    Senna. The GREATEST champion racing world has ever had!

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    According to Eiji, Honda and Toshigi are carying out parallel R&D. Let's hope that, with St Bunsen on the grid, there will be wins galore this year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

According to Eiji, Honda and Toshigi are carying out parallel R&D. Let's hope that, with St Bunsen on the grid, there will be wins galore this year.
    Hope so
    Senna. The GREATEST champion racing world has ever had!

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Hey!! I was just kidding

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    What more I follow that winter testing, that more clear it comes that Honda has "done it again" - it means more words than deeds. Can't see them fighting for the title. Title? More likely they have a lot of work to do to defend even their 4th position from the attacks of BMW and maybe Toyota. And at least at the start of the season Honda may well be in trouble to outdrive even Williams.

If the season turns out to be another "2005" for Honda, then I must feel really sorry for the drivers. I'd like to see Button driving a winning car one day to see what he can do, but that day seems to become less probable every year. And for Rubens it's not gonna be the best way to finish a Formula One career.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Honda's biggest problem is that they have lost the best test driver in F1 and possibly a very, very good racer. It remains to be seen how much feedback they are going to get from Super Aguri which may conflict with feedback they get from their own test drivers and race drivers.

I am putting all my marbles in the ring here, and predict that the ant will be the big surprise of this year. (well at least to some people he will be a surprise, but not to me).

According to Eiji, Honda have two parallel departments working on R&D, Toshigi and Honda themselves (I don't know the independance or otherwise of Toshigi), and I still don't know whether Super Aguri's vchassis is kosher. Can somebody shed some light on this?
    Well the ant is still in the fold, and the guy they replaced him with will be as useful or more!
    I'm glad Honda is giving CK a seat. I admire him for "taking the high road" when Red Bull gave him the ultimatum!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    What more I follow that winter testing, that more clear it comes that Honda has "done it again" - it means more words than deeds. Can't see them fighting for the title. Title? More likely they have a lot of work to do to defend even their 4th position from the attacks of BMW and maybe Toyota. And at least at the start of the season Honda may well be in trouble to outdrive even Williams.

If the season turns out to be another "2005" for Honda, then I must feel really sorry for the drivers. I'd like to see Button driving a winning car one day to see what he can do, but that day seems to become less probable every year. And for Rubens it's not gonna be the best way to finish a Formula One career.

It is disappointing to see Honda look so unimpressive at this stage. It looks like they will again have to rely on improvements and developments later in the season in order to achieve any success. As you said, the people to feel sorry for are the drivers.