Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts
    Some stats from Rallybase regarding drivers.

Finland 626
    Sweden 386
    Norway 113
    Denmark 44
    Iceland 1 (Hafsteinn Adlasteinsson competed and retired in Mazda 323 4WD in 1987 RAC)

I guess having a home event like Finland and Sweden does helps these numbers grow. Norway should gets a boost in a few weeks.

Thanks Tjeerd for the info.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VFTS
    First of all this must be right;
    The Scandinavian countries are: Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
    The Nordic countries are: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland.

In Iceland they have their own championship and this link show you the results from Rally Reykjavik 2006: http://www.rallyreykjavik.net/index.php/RR/Results
    4th place Land Rover Freelander LOL

Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VFTS
    First of all this must be right;
    The Scandinavian countries are: Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
    The Nordic countries are: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland.

In Iceland they have their own championship and this link show you the results from Rally Reykjavik 2006: http://www.rallyreykjavik.net/index.php/RR/Results
    Thanks for that VFTS. I did know this actually, I was just being a bit general with my geography, sorry. I think the TV commentators need to study it more though. They always say things like 'the Finnish Rally has only ever been won by 3 non-Scandanavian drivers' or 'Sebastian Loeb is the first non-Scandanavian to win the Swedish Rally'!!!!!!

Seems like a few Brits take their Landrovers over to Iceland for this. Interesting to see a couple of Tomcats as well. Are these from Iceland? Watched the episode of Top Gear where Richard Hammond raced one against a motorised kayak.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z
    For sure the Corolla comes from Erik Wevers, top Dutch rally driver and rally car preparator, but I don't know if Poulsen was renting it or if he bought it.
    He probably rented it from Wevers, cause I think the car was also driven by a Dutch driver last year.

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Denmark is overpopulated compared to the rest of us up in north, and that means that they do not have the same roadnetwork for training. And mors roads are with asfalt, so they do not have the same possibility to drive on gravel, and snow is rare.

But the danes have a better tradition for racing, with Kristensen and so on !
    Keep It Simple Stupid !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink

there is one dane that can win championships despite coming from a small rally nation