I have been following rally for over 25 years and the consistant supply of top Finnish drivers always amazes me. There seems to be a bottomless bucket of them. Back then there was Mikkola, Alen, Vatanen, Salonen, and not forgetting Pentti of course.
Then there were the Swedes of the same era... Waldegaard, Blomqvist.

So for the next 20 years, one thing that always puzzled me was where were the Norwegians? Their country was right next door to these two powerhouses of world rallying, but until Petter turned up, there was basically nothing. Now Norway has it's own WRC rally, an ex-World Champ, Henning doing his thing, plus a couple of young guns in Mikkelsen and Ostberg making an impression. Norway has defiantly arrived on the world stage.

So I ask the question. Where are the Danes? Denmark is part of Scandivania, isn't it? Is rallying not popular with the Danish? There doesn't seem to be many here on the forum either.

I do remember seeing Henrik Lundgaard in the Corolla at Rally Australia in 2001. I think he picked up the 'Teams' Cup that year. But apart from him I can't remember hearing or reading about another in all these years of following the WRC.

Hello Denmark, haven't you ever looked over the fence and seen how good rallying is?