Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RedBull RB3

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

RedBull RB3

The Renault-engined Newey machine will be launched in Barcelona today. (Spain seems to be popular for such launches, doesn't it?)

I'm not going to predict any livery change, but its decent so I don't mind about that.

I'm sure it'll go like schtick compared to last years car, but in terms of how fast that is in comparison to the 2007 grid, I'm not sure of how fast it will be.

It is a widely anticipated design so I'm sure it will impress, so on that basis I will predict top 5.

But everyone knows about these pre-season predictions, they're all just crap until you get to Round One of the season.

Predictions/Pictures here please! (Man I'm getting deja vu)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    praying its a top level car for Mr webber...
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well....

I doubt the livary will be any diffrent from last year or the year before that, but hopefully it will be a good car.
    100% out and out Ferrari fan.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    FIRST PICTURES!

Go to:

http://www.sutton-images.com

- Car looks 'weird' if you ask me

- Ferrari style mirrors

- Doornbos shown as reserve driver so hopefully means Scotts Toro Rosso seat is safe

- Renaults Rob White at the launch

- Strange lack of 'Red Bull' branding on drivers overalls
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lets hope they do something different from what they usually do with the livery...it's a bland and boring car...and they have such a good base to work with...even the Toro Rosso cars look better...

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    The sidepod design (like on other cars) makes a right old mess of the sponsors logo.

The car looks ok though. Newey rarely gets it wrong, and with Renault power it should be a good year for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe F1
    - Strange lack of 'Red Bull' branding on drivers overalls
    You're right about that. With Toro Rosso apparently looking for more sponsorship as well, perhaps it's a sign that Red Bull are finding F1 a little expensive!
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    typed my post at the same time as Giuseppe...

Again a very bland livery for the Red Bull guys...

oh well...at least the car looks good...not sure about those mirrors though...or the exhaust chimneys...It doesnt look as sculptured around that area like the others that have been released..

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    I like the Livery, even if it is only marginally better than last year's!

I particularly like the increased prescence of those stripes down the side of the car.

The car looks very sleek compared to the other cars released thus far. Looking at the nose it looks to me like they've gone skinny-nosed as well, a la McLaren and Honda. We'll see whether this is a good or bad thing as the year progresses.

Overalls are rather unspectacular, I do say! I much prefered last year's overalls which were very nice.

I was expecting a more "Red Bull"-esque launch but it doesn't really matter in the grand scale of things.

On a side note, Coulthard looks pretty old in those photos!

Hope for a good year for the RBR team!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    race overalls are indeed quite dissapointing.. last years looked so slick!

as for the car, i think it looks to be the most derivitive design released so far. All the other cars have thousands of winglets and air directors all over the side pods on the cars and additional elements on the front wings whereas the RB3 has none of this.... good for straight line speed no doubt about that! But you wonder if they will be generating as much downforce as the other cars...

the front suspension tho looks a little bit more innovative, particularly in the way the lower suspension arms attach to the front structure

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    am i the only one that likes it...personally i think its the best looking car this year by far, along with the honda...mclaren 3rd, bmw 4th and the ferrari/renault look poo
    Well done Dale JR....a fitting tribute to your father

dale earnhardt 1951-2001