Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

MotoGP - Sepang test

Sepang test results on day 2, looks like Suzuki has found something. Sorry but mcnews.com.au has disabled the copy/paste ability and I can't be bothered writing the times in :

1. Stoner
    2. Capirossi
    3. Rossi
    4. Pedrosa
    5. Vermeulen
    6. Elias
    7. Edwards
    8. Dovi
    9. Hayden
    10. Lorenzo

From MotoGPMatters (Kropotkin):

"Casey Stoner continued his dominance at Sepang today, on the second day of testing, though his wrist continues to trouble him, leaving the Australian incapable of putting in too many laps. But even a relatively small number of laps is enough to be the fastest man on the grid, which should give the competition pause for thought.

Loris Capirossi continues his strong showing at Sepang, raising hopes that Suzuki might have a good season again in 2009. The Italian veteran is a fraction ahead of his compatriot Valentino Rossi, who was third fastest. Like Stoner, Rossi is also struggling with injury, though the stitches in his fingers and foot are nowhere near as serious as Stoner's healing scaphoid. But there is less than 2/10ths of a second covering the top three, so things are pretty close.

After a difficult first day, Dani Pedrosa is back up to speed, the Repsol Honda rider also cracking the 2'02 barrier. But Pedrosa is a quarter of a second behind Rossi, and nearly 0.4 behind Stoner. Stoner's Ducati team mate Nicky Hayden took a second off his time from yesterday, climbing to 9th. But the American is still over a second and a half behind his team mate."
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think you will find Suzuki MotoGP are always fast in preseason testing.

Its 'only' the season proper where they slow down.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Suzuki's secret - JATO units in the tail

Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think the new race number of Lorenzo needs bolder character, the older one was good enough.