Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny shell
    it's a hell of a track, that's for sure.

any of you ever been there? driven on it?
    been there plenty of times..also drive round it as well. Its a great track to drive. Craners are really quick and very steep..quite easy to make a mistake in the dry if your not paying attention to the track..

Sorry i didn't turn up for qualifying..had no time to get any driving in..i am however off work saturday so hopefully will be able to get some driving and the races done then!

How do I print my voicemail?
    http://www.surrealillusions.co.uk - motorsport photos :)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

here's what the co-owner said of what they're planning on doing to Donington to get ready for the F1 race (from Autosport.com):

The current 2.5-mile circuit, which last hosted a Formula One race in 1993, will be extended by approximately half a mile thanks to the addition of a new loop at the final corner.

A new pit and paddock complex will be constructed on the inside of Starkey's Straight, while the Esses chicane may also be removed or reprofiled to extend the length of the new start-finish straight.

Track co-owner Simon Gillett, who admitted that keeping the run from Redgate to Coppice intact was a key part of their plans.

"Off the Melbourne loop, instead of going around Goddards corner and 180 degrees onto the [current] start-finish straight, you'll go straight on and do a half-mile loop before going back onto the [current] start-finish straight," he said.

Gillett confirmed that the circuit, which also hosts the British round of the MotoGP world championship in July, would remain open during the build that is scheduled to begin in October and will be overseen by FIA-favoured track designer Hermann Tilke.
    -------------

sounds good to me! other than Tilke being involved of course. I think he courses lack character. but he's not messing with most of it
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I don't know whether or not Donington will make for a great F1 circuit. It may be tricky to overtake in high downforce cars. In low downforce touring cars you can pass at nearly every corner, but F1 cars will barely need to touch the brakes from Redgate to McLeans.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah, I can see where that would be one big single-file stretch.

they would be fun to watch go through there, but I can't see them getting side-by-side.
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Extension until TUESDAY EVENING guys......haven't had a chance to race yet...hopefully this will give more time for every one!
    WINNER: *V8 Supercar 2006,2007 *DTM 2006,Runner Up 2007 *BTCC 2006 *Clio 2006/7 *RoC 2006 *GT's 2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well, I handedly won the 3 lapper! that was a nice change of pace after the last round.

still got the 7 lapper yet to run....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have not received any times as yet.........I'm leaving for Sydney tomorrow & come back Saturday evening......if I don't get any times in by then...we will terminate the series!
    WINNER: *V8 Supercar 2006,2007 *DTM 2006,Runner Up 2007 *BTCC 2006 *Clio 2006/7 *RoC 2006 *GT's 2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll have my times in by Friday night!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    happy with my 2nd race, ran pretty conistant - until my tires went off a bit at the end 'cause they were too soft.

the first race could have been about 3 seconds quicker though. my 2nd lap was 3 secs off my 3rd and there's no excuse for that - couldn't get a perfect race in though.

this course is just too tricky!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im afraid im going to have to pull out of this one...around Donington Im about 5-6 seconds a lap slower than Johnny. Theres just no competition in it, nor any fun really lapping that much slower knowing your going to be last no matter what.

With normal handling on, im closer to the leaders, but with this, im no where.

How do I print my voicemail?
    http://www.surrealillusions.co.uk - motorsport photos :)