Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

Time for Rosberg to go . . .

. . . to a better team. Frank Williams' outfit ain't worthy of the Finn, er, German. But where to?

Ferrari, after Raikonnen hangs it up next season? Perhaps one more year at Williams is too much to ask. A straight swap for Massa? FW probably couldn't afford him.

BMW, as Quick Nick is getting hammered about his qualifying pace? Nico may have to compete with Alonso for that seat.

McLaren, to be the next measuring stick for LH? Kova has been up and down, which can't sit well with Ron.

Renault? It's almost a lateral move for him.

Toyota? Hey, they're looking better lately.

Honda? They'd want him--and they have Ross Brawn--but would Nico risk it during this critical stage of his career? I'm guessing "No."

Red Bull? Drivers seem set (Webber and Vettel)
    STR? No way
    Force India? No chance

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Fishing! take his mind off work for a while!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    as a Williams supporter from the days of Alan Jones it pains me to see how far Williams have fallen in recent years- the glory days are a long time ago now and really don't see them ever winning another race let alone a championship-

so yes I think Rosberg may do better elsewhere- but if he's going to move then only BMW, Ferrari or Maclaren will offer him a chance of winning - if he can't get into those teams he'd be better off staying where he is

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Let's wait until 2009 and the new regs, which actually may benefit Williams. As a very experienced team they may gain next year as F1 in some way tries to turn back to 1990's era. Although whatever the gain will be, then probably Williams nevertheless won't make it into Top3 teams. Nico has hinted that he wants to stay at Williams until the end of 2009 to see whether they have any chance of rising to the top. After that the options are open - I think he may well get into McLaren if Kovalainen underperforms. Or into BMW in some way.

But for this to happen he himself must perform very well too. He has made mistakes in the last two races and looked more inconsistent than last year, and his stock may fall as a result. Hopefully he'll put in a good performance at Magny-Cours.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Rosberg is fine at Williams. No options elsewhere.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    how safe would Heikki be at McLaren if Ron Dennis could get Nico

seen a Rumour that Williams will be powered by Honda next year
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Isn't Williams still the 3rd best team in F1's "all time" list? (As far as wins and championships), behind Ferrari and McLaren.
    Renault had a few good years (prev Benetton), but they were still waaaay behind Williams when I last checked.
    Although Williams looks down and out at the moment, I wouldn't count him out for too long.
    Remember when McLaren were underperforming and people said they were finished? (they even had Andretti, Brundle and Coulthard driving for them during those years... no wonder).
    Even if they are struggling now, pedigree seems to count. And Williams has plenty of that.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    Fishing! take his mind off work for a while!
    Great snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef. Maybe Sato or Davidson might like a drive there for awhile.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Well. Nico was beaten by Kazuki today, so he needs to raise his game to impress top teams. Now already three not-so-good performances in a row. So far Williams has been a perfect place for him to prove his worth, although now the car is becoming a bit too slow, only Force India was beaten today.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Yeah!! let's put Brendan Fevola in the Williams for a couple of races. Nico can go play in the forward pocket for a couple of games. :
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout