Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Really?

They still talk about the 1979 French GP and most people cannot even remember who actually won that race. (It was Jean-Pierre Jabouille.)

In 2 weeks nobody will remember who won a truck race.
    Actually it was the second closest Truck Race. Maybe over there but in the Chicago where the Darnell family has been racing for 60 years it will be remember.

Go to a bar in Chicago and tell the about Jean-Pierre Jabouille. I remember him but not to many people here in this country.

Anyone notice MIS was 60% full?

(NO REFERENCE, IMPLIED OR REAL TO ANY POSTER, LIVING, DEAD, or NOT YET BORN.)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by !!WALDO!!
    Mario over Michael on Father's Day, wasn't it? 1986 by .07 seconds.

No, 1997: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxkgcegWoWg
    I was sitting at T-1. On the podium Blundell said he didn't know he had won. He thought he was lapping somebody.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Miatanut
    No, 1997: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxkgcegWoWg
    I was sitting at T-1. On the podium Blundell said he didn't know he had won. He thought he was lapping somebody.
    What a boring F-1 wannabe race that was! Sure hope we don't have to suffer through anything like that again! (Insert random incoherent hostile to CART remark here.)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As far as this truck race goes, I didn't see the report on it, only saw quick highlights.

Did they delcare a winner, or actually call it a dead heat? Or tie, for lack of a better word?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coogmaster
    As far as this truck race goes, I didn't see the report on it, only saw quick highlights.

Did they delcare a winner, or actually call it a dead heat? Or tie, for lack of a better word?
    Erik Darnell, Grandson of USAC Stock Car driver, and starter of Indy Car races in 1968. Third man in the Duman fatal at Milwaukee.

It is all here in the "1968 Thread".

Races like that are remembered. I saw a Steve Kinser/Chuck Gurney duel in a USAC Sprint Car race at Santa Fe. An inch was the victory distance. July of 1982.

The famous one was Mario or Micheal in 1986. Made front pages all over the nation.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZzZzZz
    What a boring F-1 wannabe race that was! Sure hope we don't have to suffer through anything like that again! (Insert random incoherent hostile to CART remark here.)

Like what? CART is no more? Viva 1994?