Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts

New SC Proposals Trial for French GP

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=42986

Sounds like a crap idea.

Why don't they just copy Indycars and let them refuel and not allow tyre changes when the pits are 'closed'.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Far too complicated. Why not just so a similar thing whereby the same 5 second warning is given and then the cars must engage their pit lane speed limiters. Much simpler!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Give them a secondary "pit lane speed limiter" (or use the existing one). It must be engaged as soon as the SC comes out and not released until the track is clear...

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Why not just ban refuelling entirely. No worries about running out of fuel during SC periods then
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Why not just ban refuelling entirely. No worries about running out of fuel during SC periods then
    You should apply for a job at the FIA They love people who can think of ideas like that which make no real sense. Oh and yes I know you're joking
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Far too complicated. Why not just so a similar thing whereby the same 5 second warning is given and then the cars must engage their pit lane speed limiters. Much simpler!
    I'm sure that given the standard ECU, it could be set up so that Charlie Whiting could give a 5 second warning and then hit a button and remotely engage all pitlane speed limiters simultaneously. You would have the worry that the car behind might have an error and not receive the signal...
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    You should apply for a job at the FIA They love people who can think of ideas like that which make no real sense. Oh and yes I know you're joking
    Why does that make no sense? In an age when new oil discoveries are few and far between (and the reality of dwindling supplies unable to meet demand is hitting home), and costs are rocketing, the onus in an F1 where one tankfull must last the race would lie on fuel economy and drivers managing their fuel consumption.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Why does that make no sense? In an age when new oil discoveries are few and far between (and the reality of dwindling supplies unable to meet demand is hitting home), and costs are rocketing, the onus in an F1 where one tankfull must last the race would lie on fuel economy and drivers managing their fuel consumption.
    I somehow think that wasn't what Arrows was meaning
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Far too complicated. Anything that needs time to explain is too complicated for F1. Why not just allow all drivers to pit and refuel when they want, whether behind the SC or not?

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I think the current system is good in principle as it prevents the mad rush but penalises some people too much. As the teams all know when they'll be pitting before the race they should have to inform the FIA (or whoever) what lap they'll be coming in (or a 3 lap window). This way if a SC gets thrown when they have no fuel they should still be able to pit as long as the driver is listed as requiring a pit stop.

The only problem with this would be when a car is refueled or stays out for SC periods thus changing the lap they'll need to pit.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.