Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kimi's debut at Ferrari

I'm impressed, not that I didn't think I would be. In the wet, in an old car, with only 39 total laps Kimi was within .73s of Massa.

Massa drove the 2007 contender and put in close to double Kimi's laps.

So the question would have to be around the tires. Was Kimi on the 2006 open spec intermediate bridgestones, or was he on the 2007 spec intermediates.

Tomorrow will tell more, and I can't wait.
    J

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    If things go well, I think Kimi will be faster than Massa overall...

I´m not saying Massa is slow, but Kimi can be really fast. Next chapter tomorrow...
    Cuando el grajo vuela bajo hace un frío del carajo
    Which means:
    When the crow is flying low, it´s ****ing freezing cold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    definetly impressed,i didn't think kimi would have come this close to Massa in his first session.....would be interesting to see the lap times after kimi gets the 07 ferrari....though
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Pu
    If things go well, I think Kimi will be faster than Massa overall...

I´m not saying Massa is slow, but Kimi can be really fast. Next chapter tomorrow...
    I'm pretty sure they were both on 2007 spec tyres. I know Kimi got his first taste of the car and the tyres but he may not have been on 2007 spec rubber for the whole test.

So Kimi was 0.7 seconds off Massa in last years car. Nobody would suggest that Massa is faster than Kimi by that kind of margin. In that case, the difference must have been the F2007.

I think it's safe to say that Kimi is around 0.3 seconds a lap faster than Massa so the F2007 must be 1.0 second faster than the 248 F1!

That's it! Championships over. Send the silverware to Maranello!
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah i think that would probably be the case,both running on 2007 spec tyres,and if the new Mclaren is 2 seconds faster than the 2006 Mclaren,would it be safe to send the silverware to Woking
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Well, considering the 2006 McLaren was about a second slower than the 2006 Ferrari, they should be pretty even.

Throw in McLaren's fantastic reliability and the silverwares still going to Maranello.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    I'm pretty sure they were both on 2007 spec tyres. I know Kimi got his first taste of the car and the tyres but he may not have been on 2007 spec rubber for the whole test.

So Kimi was 0.7 seconds off Massa in last years car. Nobody would suggest that Massa is faster than Kimi by that kind of margin. In that case, the difference must have been the F2007.

I think it's safe to say that Kimi is around 0.3 seconds a lap faster than Massa so the F2007 must be 1.0 second faster than the 248 F1!

That's it! Championships over. Send the silverware to Maranello!
    Remember it WAS slightly damp for Kimi's test so don't get too ahead of yourself!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    One cannot make anything much out of the times for either driver. Kimi said that he had five laps on dry track. He said that he basicly had the seat and pedals adjusted and that's about it.

Unfortunately, the weather will probably be the same today.

Taking that all into account the time was not bad, but I don't think Massa was pushing either. It would be very disturbing, if Kimi was faster in the old car at the first day than Massa with the new car.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Our F1 channel had a Kimi-special after their normal sports news, almost 10 minutes of nothing of importance, sad *******s.
    Reminded me of a Finnish comedy, where in one bit start of F3 testing was the main sports news.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Like always some people jump to conclusions to early.
    Remember they weren't racing each other.
    KR was getting the first taste of driving a Ferrari F1 ( last years one) and FM was improving the new car.

Why everyone believes that this years cars have to be faster than last years one ,given that there were a few changes in the regs like the 19000 rpm limit on the engines, it's still beyond me.

We will know the truth at the first race and not before.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro