Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jure dvorsek
    Hey, how can you doubt about Markus victory??? He is a world's number 1 (OK, number 2 !!) driver, all guys you are talking about are yust a local heroes!! Markus can beat them almost with N4 car.
    Nonsense
    "We are in the ****, but the championship is long. Mugello will be difficult because of the long straight. But we will fight there with a knife between the teeth!" Valentino Rossi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i'm with farquar wrc on this one it will be closer than people think.the irish boys are top quality drivers who are used to the conditions over here,yes marcus is a world class driver but hes not going to have it all his own way.especially not being familiar with irish tarmac so expect it to be closer than you think.also dont think m-sport would be too happy if he pranged his focus just before sweden!
    it always more fun sideways!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Grönholm will win with one minute margin. Higgins may win few stages but wont challenge Grönholm for winning. And G. Jones will have nice run in top3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm sorry to say but I also think Marcus could beat the Irish guys in a Group n car............look at Kris Meeke in the Citroen C2 1600!!!!!!!! on the Ulster last year
    I'm a daddy now!!! 2 goorgeous little girls Megan Jessica born 24th August 2009....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What about Markko Martin having trouble keeping up on his first visit?
    He wasn't driving a gp n car.

Not one fastest time.

Wilks was only marginally up in an Impreza, and he knows irish lanes.
    And donelly had a 99 car until now!

I can safely tell you that those behind marcus will be a lot closer that what was behind him in the monte!

2007 Overall Pickems Champion
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I don't think Gronholm will win Galway International by a huge margin. He doesn't need to take any risks. I think it will be a close battle between Gronholm and Mark Higgins (less than 30 seconds), with Donnelly, Lynch, Boland and McNulty all charging for 3rd overall. I hope Motors TV will broadcast the rally!

PuddleJumper, how about having our own unofficial pickems?
    "Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus"
    http://rallyeracing.wordpress.com/

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    As good as the local boys are, Gronholm is in another league, and should win, unless they play round with settings and use it as a competitive test, though I think he'll still win.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Marcus' goal there is to get to know the roads and probably find suitable set-ups.

However, it's pretty sure that Marcus won't just cruise the route through. The best way to get familiar with those roads to keep the rallypace up. Therefore he might win even it won't be an important thing for him.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    Who will win if Marcus doesn't finish then? I think Kevin Lynch could be a serious threat in a newer car.
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    somebody mentioned wilks in cork, nesbitt set equal fastest time with wilks on one stage and nesbitt lost his brakes half way through that stage, the irish boys know there stuff and theres irish tarmac and theres galway tarmac, galway is in my opinion the trickest event on the island, but comming to a winner i reackon if gronhlom is up to race speed over the weekend he'll crash.......!!!!
    ES