Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    I'm stunned

Halvis, of all people how can you say all this ??

Henning was like a dead eel in Monte but that has nothing to do with Sweden and Norway. It's basicly like Rovanperä put on tarmac and then snow. It's going to be damn sure that Henning a totally different man on snow wether he has a new car or not. read my lips, there will be no lack of speed.
    Henning was really worst than Rovanpera on tarmac...
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Henning was worst than anybody in Monte but you guys really think that'll show the direction for two upcoming rallies ?

Then again you might be right. Henning has had a tough luck of getting downgraded machinery. Maybe that's what happened again.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Best privateer in 2007-very simple answer: M.Stohl. He is fast enough on all surfaces, reliable, has a huge expirience, car that has won last year championship. There are some drivers faster than him, example Gigi Galli, maybe even Latvala, H.Solberg....but if they don't run whole year, they have no chance against Manfred.
    About H.Solberg-I expect him ob both snow rallyes to be in front of his brother Peter.Why-he is extra motivated for those two races, Focus 06' is better car than Impreza 06', drives same tires....About his MC-better to forget, it was simply desaster.
    I'm very sad for Garde, I think he would be also a competitor for Manfred, but, no many,no funny....
    ucci

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    I'm stunned

Halvis, of all people how can you say all this ??

Henning was like a dead eel in Monte but that has nothing to do with Sweden and Norway. It's basicly like Rovanperä put on tarmac and then snow. It's going to be damn sure that Henning a totally different man on snow wether he has a new car or not. read my lips, there will be no lack of speed.
    He-he, thought that my post would surprise someone! I agree, it will be a different show for Henning on snow, no doubt about that - but I still fear that he won't be that fast as I originally thought.

Nothing would please me more than that I am wrong, of course!
    ...may the force be with you...

Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    That is a neutral opinion from Halvis. Gives credibility to his further comments.
    I am glad a discussion did not started.

Henning should improve a lot, having Latvala as a team mate will make him find speed soon, he has no excuses.
    Zeque
    Argentina

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hehe, it would be funny to make a trophy for this privateer championship and award it to the team/driver at the final round of the championship. *plots*

In terms of drivers.. i'm not so sure about manfred after his monte performance. i know you cant judge by one rally, but he did not seem comfortable with the Xsara. I dont know which drivers are doing the full season, but i'd put my money on one of them. So far i think i know of Manfred, Jari-Matti, Henning, matthew.. is Toni doing a full season?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Funny that you mentioning it Christina. Colin McRae drove a Xsara for the last time in 2003 and found no difference to the 2006 Xsara (at least that was what he said after his first test). And Manfred Stohl drove the Xsara only a year ago and found it changed a lot from the 2005 to 2006
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    Strange in what way?
    Yopu mean that the 07 Kronos, is not what he had used in 2005, or Colin in 06? (evolution is not probable).

After one year with the wale, and Monte being mostly dry, it may have been a problem of set up for Manfred
    Zeque
    Argentina

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I mean that the feeling is so big in difference. Modifications 2003 and 2006 is a bigger gap with more evolutions/changes than 2005-2006 (the 2007 is the same as 2006). Or Stohl is just a bit honester than the pr talk of McRae. It would be strange if the Xsara of 2006 is almost the same as the 2003 car, with almost nothing changed to the car, which would mean that Citroen has not done much work to the car. Or it could mean that the Fabia WRC is much closer in behaviour than the 307 WRC is to the Xsara WRC. McRae only drove a Fabia in WRC since he was left out of the Citroen team.
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZequeArgentina
    That is a neutral opinion from Halvis. Gives credibility to his further comments.
    I am glad a discussion did not started.
    And that's the way things should be. I'm not surprised.
    Three gears are enough!