Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

nascar and safety, yeah right

its happened before and it needs to end now, especially for the safety of all those on pitroad. its insane how Nascar doens't put an end to the crap of pitting early before the green light, then constantly speed down pitroad.

what would happen if Jr lost a wheel like Vickers and go crashing into the pit wall.

Nascar really needs to end this tail end of the line BS and actually put laps on a guy doing this crap. they try and gain time for repairs, but rules are rules adn you can't break them.

way to step up again on safety
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    June Bug broke two rules and got the same penalty as the Shrub.

My brother was pizzing and moaning about that too.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

heh heh heh ...

IF it had been Mark Martin, nobody would be pizzing & moaning ...
    but because it is Dale Jr some fans are crying foul ...
    Dale Jr salvaged a 5th place finish with a wrecked racecar, pretty darn good imo.

hey, that's the racing luck, sometimes things go your way, sometimes they don't.
    It would be best for the heartbroken to dry their eyes & get ready for Dover.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They either need to enforce the rules, or not have rules at all. For NASCAR to say "well... Jr didn't really put anyone in danger on the 2nd speeding penalty, so I guess it's alright" is bull****. The only reason he didn't put anyone in danger is because his car held together. No one knew 100% if his car was going to stay in one piece, not even Jr. I guess like most other NASCAR safety rules it will take a injury or death for them to start enforcing it.

Also you're right about Mark Martin. But lets say it was Franchitti or Hornish that did that, guys on the outside pulling stunts like that. We all know they would have gotten a drive through, not even a question.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    but because it is Dale Jr some fans are crying foul ...
    Dale Jr salvaged a 5th place finish with a wrecked racecar, pretty darn good imo.
    as I said to start, "its happened before"

this is a serious safety issue, thats why there is a pitroad speed limit there is no point having helmets on the crew members if they get hit going 100 MPH

the penalty Nascar enforces is bul****, tailend of the longest line for breaking 5 rules

and its not like a he was going 5MPH over, it was alot more than that.

once again this is just like Danica, just cause its Jr., I'm bitching, well guess what, It happened to Jr. and Nascar is too afraid to penalize, yet they throw the book on the underfunded teams. as Nick says, let someone die from this and then Nascar will take notice, thats what almost happened before nascar enforced the helmets on all Crewmembers and officials.

for all the saftey things Nascar tries to claim, how can they possible put peoples lives in danger in that situation, 99% of the time, it may be safe, but that 1% can be tragic for the Crew members, Nascar officials, anyone one pitroad.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stewart wasn't sure how Jr got away with it either. From ESPN:

"NASCAR initially penalized Earnhardt one lap for speeding past the safety workers, but rescinded it after further review. Stewart, who inherited the lead when Earnhardt wrecked and held it after the ensuing pit stops, was baffled by the non-call.

"Now how does that work?" he called.

No one was quite sure, but Earnhardt rallied to finish fifth."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sometimes it is better for a driver to be more lucky than good

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great recovery and a testiment to the durability of the COT.
    I'd love to know how fast he was going down pit road,i was expecting a lap penalty at least but there again it was nascars golden boy.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    I disagree with that assertion. Not everyone is a MM fan and I can see a lot of the DE fans complaining.

It drives me batty when NASCAR arbitrary enforces a rule one week and not the next. I agree with Shrub and June Bug being sent to the tail end of the longest line because of pitting when pit road was closed…they were consistent there.

But up until the Coca-Cola 600, wasn’t speeding on pit road a drive through penalty?
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    Nascar really needs to end this tail end of the line BS and actually put laps on a guy doing this crap. they try and gain time for repairs, but rules are rules adn you can't break them.
    I agree. When the penalty is no worse that the result without the penalty, it's not really a punishment.

I would just give the driver a $5,000 fine for the first speeding violation in a race, and then add an additional $5,000 to every violation after that.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd