Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    for all the saftey things Nascar tries to claim, how can they possible put peoples lives in danger in that situation, 99% of the time, it may be safe, but that 1% can be tragic for the Crew members, Nascar officials, anyone one pitroad.
    NAscar only took safety seriously after Dale Earnhardt died. They did not get involved with any of the moves the other racing series were making to share information, eg F1 & IRL & Champcar were sharing info for quite some time and NASCAR refused to get involved.

Safety to NASCAR is about protecting your assets, not keeping people safe.

Therefore, as Dale Jr is their biggest asset, turning a blind eye to pit road speed limits and the safety of the people on pitlane is acceptable as it was to the benefit of their biggest asset and the 'show'. No-one got hurst, so don't do anything. It wasn't only pit road too, he was pelting round the track under caution, with a damaged car and safety crews on track...

Anyone else would have been penalised.

How many debris cautions have we seen over the last several years that saved Jr going a lap down? It became a running joke between me and my brother. As soon as Jr was the last car on the lead lap and the leader was approaching...Bingo.

I'm actually a big Jr fan, but the bias toward him is one of the things I don't like about NASCAR. It's not doing him any favours in the long run. But at least he is showing his true quality now he is with a decent team.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    I agree. When the penalty is no worse that the result without the penalty, it's not really a punishment.

I would just give the driver a $5,000 fine for the first speeding violation in a race, and then add an additional $5,000 to every violation after that.
    Do you really think Jr would blink at $5 grand? He'd speed every trip down the pitlane for a $5k token. Make it $50 K for such a blatant infraction and it might get someone's attention.

I agree with JJ. NASCAR only truly cares about safety when it hurts their bank account. i still believe the COT was more about equalizing the field as much as possible than about overall improvement of driver safety.

Does anyone believe their drivel that the local yokal EMT's stationed at some of the races are better equipped to handle the potential traumatic injuries that could occur at a race? I'm not trying to dog local volunteer EMT's, especially since I used to be one, but it's a large load of B.S. They simply don't want the primary liability exposure of a permanent travelling medical/ rescue team like the teams that the IRL has and CART was famous for. NASCAR should have been first in line trying to get their hands on the Champcar mobile trauma unit.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They'll change the rules. They ALWAYS change the rules

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok enough about the pit road deal.
    How about when the Montoya stopped his car in front of a crash crew and two of them just stood there while Jaun slithered out of his car.Then niether went to his aid to check for flaming around the helmet or gloves.Just stood there.
    I read the report that those particular members were for the driver not the car, which,by the way, was going better than some of my backyard bar b ques, but still not to come to his aid and drag him out of the car nor spray his suit with retardant.
    The heck with pit speeds lets protect the drivers from danger as well as the pit crw workers.
    wheres Mondale when you need him?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All that happend was NASCAR got caught playing favorites with Jr. Maybe they should put chicanes at cach end of pit road.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston dunes
    Ok enough about the pit road deal.
    How about when the Montoya stopped his car in front of a crash crew and two of them just stood there while Jaun slithered out of his car.Then niether went to his aid to check for flaming around the helmet or gloves.Just stood there.
    I read the report that those particular members were for the driver not the car, which,by the way, was going better than some of my backyard bar b ques, but still not to come to his aid and drag him out of the car nor spray his suit with retardant.
    The heck with pit speeds lets protect the drivers from danger as well as the pit crw workers.

this is once again, Nascar penny saving and not hiring a full-time medical safety crew, the IRL has it and they are great, why Nascar has to have temps every week is insane.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not defending anyone nor disagreeing with anyones comments just stating the defense written by NASCAR was the two people were for the drivers safty and not for the cars. a team of 5 showed up seconds after Jaun was free of the car and started to extinguish the fire.
    My point is why not after examining Jaun, go to the car. It was a fire in the rear and could have caused sever problums at the point where Jaun chose to stop it.
    wheres Mondale when you need him?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up

Safety in Nascar??? After watching a rerun of this years Vegas race & watching Tony Stewart & J eff Gordon's crash I have to agree with Ryan Newman about a "dedicated traveling safety team" to cover all Nascar events & would be able to meet the medical needs of all the drivers & pit crews.Newman said there are"educated people out there" who understand what drivers go through during a crash & who understand what drivers needs are immediately following the crash.{these quotes are from a interview from Scenedaily.com on 3/4/08.I have a E.M.S.background & was shocked the way the Vegas safety crew walked a limping & disoriented Tony Stewart to a passenger car....I don't buy that the ambulance could not drive up the banking...the wrecker did!! Even if the ambulance couldn't get up there they do have a gurney & backboard on the unit...Jeff's impact was Head On & Hugh!!...How many G-forces was it?? Did anyone @ the scene check his Hans device to see if it was cracked before they let him out of the car & let him walk away to a ambulance...OH YEA,THATS NASCAR SAFETY...You would NEVER see this type of care in Champ Car/Cart...I.R.L...A.L.M.S. They all have a 'dedicated traveling safety team" at all events.IT'S CALLED CONSISTENCY! Ask Alex Zanardi or Cristiano da Mata....IT WORKS!!!!..Thanks for letting me sound off

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COYOTE14
    You would NEVER see this type of care in Champ Car/Cart. They all have a 'dedicated traveling safety team" at all events.
    That's funny...they don't even have a series, yet they have a 'dedicated traveling safety team'.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My bad!!!...But I hope you get my point.......