Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Kyle Busch - fan favorite ???

This is going to be great to see.

As the report states the test will be in Japan, I imagine that this will take place at the Toyota Motorsports End of Year Festival at the Fuji Speedway which Toyota own.

Seems Kyle has a bit of the open-wheel bug.....IIRC, didnt he test a Champcar a few years back too?

If Toyota plan to extend this invitation to any more of their NASCAR drivers, would love to see Tony Stewart get a run in an F1 car finally......if he can fit that is!

------------------------------------------

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns20361.html

MAY 16, 2008

NASCAR star Kyle Busch to test Toyota F1

MAY 16, 2008

Kyle Busch, the 23-year-old rising star of NASCAR, says that he will be testing a Formula 1 car later this year in Japan. Busch drives an M&M-sponsored Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing and it is anticipated that the test would be at the wheel of a Toyota Formula 1 car. The youngster has been racing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup since 2004 when he did six races with Hendrick Motorsports. He won his first Cup race a year later at the California Speedway, becoming the youngest-ever winner in the NASCAR Cup Series, at 20 years and 125 days. He followed that with a second victory two months afterwards at Phoenix and was named Rookie of the Year. In 2006 he was a frontrunner but ended the year 10th in the championship. He continued with Hendrick in 2007 but in July last year Hendrick announced it was signing up Dale Earnhardt Jr and he he found himself looking for work, ending up at Joe Gibbs. This year he has won three races to date.

He says that he would like to go to Formula 1 before he is 30 but the Nevadan understands that convincing an F1 team to take him seriously is going to require a lot of winning in NASCAR.
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    His brother Kurt tested a Champ Car in the CART days. Ford was his backer then. He did rather well, as best I can recall. I don't think Kyle has ever tested an upper tier formula car.

I think this is great. I hope he presents himself well. Having Danica being spoken of as an American in F1 makes us look like fools. Kyle is aggressive, but he can wheel a car into victory lane... without special circumstnces having to come into play.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    have to say not keen on the guy but would like to see him in a race - may brighten the sport up a bit

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that would be extremely interesting.

but with Toyota F1, biggest waste of money in all of Motorsports. maybe Kyle can impress the F1 team because it would be very cool to see a American back in the series. Scott got a bum deal, and as Jag said, Having Danica being considered over a whole bunch of other, more talented drivers is just idiotic, and shows we only want to put on a display for the media
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That would be something to see.

A competent American driver in F1: good.
    NASCAR fans being rid of Kyle Busch: good.

It's win-win!
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is cool. Hope he does well.

I can't wait to see it. I really enjoyed the "Tradin' Paint" thing a few years back with Jeff Gordon and JPM.

Hey, I like Kyle Busch in NASCAR, but I'm just as big of an F1 fan, so I'd enjoy watching him there also.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    This is cool. Hope he does well.

I can't wait to see it. I really enjoyed the "Tradin' Paint" thing a few years back with Jeff Gordon and JPM.
    Thanks, Lee Roy. I knew that there was someone else, besides myself, that would remember that.

A great time that was, and some say that that was the impetus that got JPM to NASCAR after the whole row with McLaren. Not to mention that Jeff was, after the initial setup laps, only a few tenths of a second off the grid time for the previous year's USGP. Not bad when considering that the car, the BMWWilliams F1, wasn't on full race setup.

Hey, I like Kyle Busch in NASCAR, but I'm just as big of an F1 fan, so I'd enjoy watching him there also.
    I'd like to see Gibbs Racing send over the M&M's Sprint Cup car, in that same vein as 'Tradin' Paint', with either Timo Glock or Jarno Trulli, just to give them a small sample of what the car can do.
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1

Having Danica ........ put on ..... display

Sorry, but that sounds just perfect. Not those awful fake glamour shots, but as her like she was on the lap of honour in Japan. hmmmmm...............

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    This is all for publicity. Busch hasn't enough road racing experience for this test to have any true meaning. That said, I think he would be perfect for f1 in his mentality and his aggressive style, but he has no shot of going to f1.

AS for the Tradin' Paint publicity stunt, it was great entertainment and I hope Gibb's does send over the M and M's 18. I do know that no f1 driver will understand NASCAR without experiencing it, but that exchange with Jeff Gordon gave JPM the seed of thought to come to NASCAR.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxAu4xennIM

Kurt Busch didn't do so hot in CART, but what can you do, he had never driven anything like that before.

He wasn't really pushing it, but he wasn't trying to gain a ride and he was trying to do anything special besides enjoy the experience.

-Nic
    NASCAR Columnist - Motorsport.com