Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

F3 & GT Races

hi everyone, my first ever time on this site, please be gentle. Well I went to Rockingham yesterday, first time again, and boy was it brill, apart from the very windy conditions (nearly got blown away if it wasnt for me mate Ian holding onto me hehehe) but would defo go again. Went to the unveiling of Martin Kemps car, there was stunned silence as it was unveiled!!
    Wasn't really a thing of beauty from a womans point of view but what do i know!!

im at work so gota go folks, have fun

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi all,
    Good to see you too, darknessrock. Yep, wet, cold, windy, but not as cold as April! Saw Witty anchoring herself to the pitlane wall. So few folk Pitkid could attract Chigley's attention from the main grandstand.
    The interviewer thanked the few hardy spectators (about 7 of us by the last podium) remaining and graciously waved back to us.

Some great racing though - the GT's were fab (how did the lambo fall off behind the safety car?!) and as for the Caddy van in the second VW race - we were all so excited cheering him on we almost had the Rockingham bulding rockin' again!

Pickups as good as ever, although thinner on the ground than normal - nice to chat to a few of them in the paddock. We agree with Pistol Pete who when we were talking about showing up whatever the weather said 'cos you're stoopid' - yep, but we don't care - it was worth it. Slightly irritating to lose 20 laps of the second race, but not as irritating for us as it was for Nic Grindrod I suspect

see you all soon
    Keep on trucking Stanty.
    All together 'Cheerios, cheerios, cheerios..'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasman#99
    did i here miguel gomes being mentioned today? was he racing
    I was suposed to but sadly my grandmother, fathers side, died on Friday so I didn't go to England. Hope you all had a good time.
    Miguel Gomes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question

I thought the black flag for Nick Grindrod would have meant a drive through penalty for jumping the start??
    The future is always Oval

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question

safety car out most of the time
    Andy i'm not sure what you was watching..... both PTR races had 5 laps behind safety car before the races, these laps were not deducted from the races, however the 2nd race was cut short due to time running out! ( Yeah i know it seems the words pi*s up and brewery come to mind!!!!) However i'm led to believe that this race was declared non point scoring and 3 rounds will be held at next Rockingham meeting.

From my recollection there were no safety car periods! But i was hiding in my coat to keep my face warm!!!
    "Don't wait for your ship to come in..swim out and meet the bloody thing" Barry Sheene 1950-2003

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fastbob
    Andy i'm not sure what you was watching..... both PTR races had 5 laps behind safety car before the races, these laps were not deducted from the races, however the 2nd race was cut short due to time running out! ( Yeah i know it seems the words pi*s up and brewery come to mind!!!!) However i'm led to believe that this race was declared non point scoring and 3 rounds will be held at next Rockingham meeting.

From my recollection there were no safety car periods! But i was hiding in my coat to keep my face warm!!!
    Bob, i wasnt on about the pick ups, they were as entertaining as usual- shame there wernt more of them, i was on about the f3/gt's.
    Theres only 1 Tony Hurdle, 1 Tony Hurdle, theres only 1 Tony Hurdleeeeeeeeee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kish
    hi everyone, my first ever time on this site, please be gentle. Well I went to Rockingham yesterday, first time again, and boy was it brill, apart from the very windy conditions (nearly got blown away if it wasnt for me mate Ian holding onto me hehehe) but would defo go again. Went to the unveiling of Martin Kemps car, there was stunned silence as it was unveiled!!
    Wasn't really a thing of beauty from a womans point of view but what do i know!!

im at work so gota go folks, have fun
    Welcome to the forum!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Gomes
    I was suposed to but sadly my grandmother, fathers side, died on Friday so I didn't go to England. Hope you all had a good time.
    My condolences for your sad loss Miguel.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bob, i wasnt on about the pick ups, they were as entertaining as usual- shame there wernt more of them, i was on about the f3/gt's.
    Sorry Andy..... i didn't even watch those races!!!!
    "Don't wait for your ship to come in..swim out and meet the bloody thing" Barry Sheene 1950-2003

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

rockingham meeting

Hi people, not been on for ages. On bank holiday monday i decided to go to santa pod for the european round of the drag racing. It was great, apart from the rain that started to come down at about 10.30. After that it was a sing of things to come, as later on it got canceled. Before that i moved over to rockingham to see some racing so it was not a wasted trip, and was surprised at a couple of things. One how few people where there, suppose that was down to the weather, and two how few pick ups there where compared to last year. Is this become the regular number, if so where have they all gone. One last thing great to see kelly racing again.