Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sponsor News: Ferrari to lose AMD, Hamilton to sign personal $20m Reebok deal

AMD to let Ferrari sponsorship lapse

A change in direction from the chip maker
    13/05/08 11:41

The American computer company AMD will let its sponsorship of the Ferrari team lapse, according to reports.

The technology website fudzilla.com said the decision was made following the departure last September of AMD marketing officer Henry Richard, who was a motor racing fan and responsible for the Ferrari deal that began in 2002.

The most visible elements of Ferrari's AMD sponsorship are the logos on the rear wing endplates and on the drivers' helmets and overalls, which were still visible at the most recent Turkish Grand Prix.

Fudzilla reported that AMD has "already cancelled its Ferrari sponsorship and...
    is waiting for the contract to expire", and also that AMD intends to severs its ties with the American stock car NASCAR scene.

The F1 deal was estimated at between $10-$20m per year.

Source: GMM
    © CAPSIS International

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...13114145.shtml

-------------------------------

© CAPSIS International

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...13114145.shtml

Hamilton to sign $20m Reebok deal

Hamilton to sign $20m Reebok deal - Joining Henry, Shevchenko and Khan in marketing deal

13/05/08 11:38

Lewis Hamilton is to sign a lucrative personal sponsorship deal with Reebok.

The multi-million dollar deal, which is yet to be finalised or confirmed, is believed to be similar to the British sportswear brand's approximately $20m apiece 'global brand ambassador' agreements with footballers Thierry Henry and Andrei Shevchenko and boxer Amir Khan.

The marketing publication Brand Republic claims that McLaren, which does not usually allow its drivers to seek personal sponsors, has made an exception in this case because 23-year-old Hamilton is 'one of sport's most marketable stars'.

Reebok is owned by Adidas.

© CAPSIS International

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...13113812.shtml
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Ferrari loosing AMD.
    That's got to be worth at least .6 secs. :
    May the forza be with you

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Well, I guess it looks better to discontinue the sponsorship than to have the AMD checks start bouncing.

On Lewis... in addition to the $20mil Reebok deal, he's apparently also close to a deal with Pepsi close to the same amount. Wow! Just wow!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    AMD has in been trounced by Intel with their "core" architecture. Whilst they were once much faster then Intel, they are now badly trailing them. They have announced recently massive job cuts and it's no surprise that they are cutting on marketing as well.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Who are Intel sponsoring?
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce

Was that question rhetorical?

Last I paid attention, I thought there was big intel logo's on the BMW's... great now I gotta double check that :

BTW: didn't Ferrari have this strange deal with Phillipe Morris where PM paid X dollars and had control over all the sponsorship on the car?

edit: yup BMW, guess I'm not crazy

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/photolarge...632&catID=3110
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Take a look at the engine cover of a blue and white liveried team.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    That logo not working all that well for Intel, I didn't remember they sponsored anyone.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    That logo not working all that well for Intel, I didn't remember they sponsored anyone.
    Yeah not working for me either. Didn't remember them with the intel sign. Maybe they should try a picture of a chip alongside Intel and maybe put the "chip" on the shoulders of the drivers. That should generate a good few $M in discussion.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised to see AMD hit the ditch or perhaps bought out. the new quad core intel chip is awesome.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"