Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ron gets apology

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7401883.stm

Czech motorsport chief Radovan Novak has apologised for insinuating McLaren boss Ron Dennis was linked to the expose of FIA president Max Mosley.

Glad that has been cleared up.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I thought this was a ridiculous thing to suggest in the first place, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7401883.stm

Czech motorsport chief Radovan Novak has apologised for insinuating McLaren boss Ron Dennis was linked to the expose of FIA president Max Mosley.

Glad that has been cleared up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I thought this was a ridiculous thing to suggest in the first place, personally.
    Even I thought it was just too far fetched, but it was an example of the result of Mclaren blotting their copybook (sic) with Spygate.

Much the same kind of baseless accusation used to be made at Ferrari & Michael Schumacher after their public indiscretions.

There is a lot to be said that this kind of accusation actually helps a team. It certainly seemed to do so for Ferrari in the Schumi era, & Alex Ferguson, for example, has built in to several Manchester United teams the 'siege mentality' with resulting great success.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Even I thought it was just too far fetched, but it was an example of the result of Mclaren blotting their copybook (sic) with Spygate.

Much the same kind of baseless accusation used to be made at Ferrari & Michael Schumacher after their public indiscretions.
    Yes, and that, to me, was just as unnecessary and unpleasant.

There is a lot to be said that this kind of accusation actually helps a team. It certainly seemed to do so for Ferrari in the Schumi era, & Alex Ferguson, for example, has built in to several Manchester United teams the 'siege mentality' with resulting great success.
    Indeed so.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What public indiscretions?

Say what you like about some of the "alledged" antics of MS and Ferrari (actually, lets not ) but MS has always been not only discrete but a positive role model in his private life outside of F1.

Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    What public indiscretions?

Say what you like about some of the "alledged" antics of MS and Ferrari (actually, lets not ) but MS has always been not only discrete but a positive role model in his private life outside of F1.
    When I used the term 'Public indiscretions' I was thinking of Austria 2002, Monaco 2006, Jerez 1997....on-track and viewed publically.

Michael Schumacher's private life had nothing to do with it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When I used the term 'Public indiscretions' I was thinking of Austria 2002, Monaco 2006, Jerez 1997....on-track and viewed publically.

Michael Schumacher's private life had nothing to do with it.
    Ahh, sorry. Misunderstanding.