Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    It's always funny to see people who don't get to fly much The grip they usually have on the armrests when a 777 powers up on the runway is quite comical. Even better in turbulence
    You don't have to be an infrequent flyer to be afraid/uncomfortable when flying. My wife has probably flown more air miles than you ever will, yet is still uncomfortable during takeoff and landing. But so long as you have something to laugh about, it's all good, ain't it :rolloeyes:

As a frequent business flyer and high mileage car driver I would just like to see some outline proposal from the government as to where this extra tax money is going to be spent, and what benefit is will have on the environment.

It's just another way of of hiking taxes which will produce no overall benefit.
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlMetro
    You don't have to be an infrequent flyer to be afraid/uncomfortable when flying. My wife has probably flown more air miles than you ever will, yet is still uncomfortable during takeoff and landing. But so long as you have something to laugh about, it's all good, ain't it :rolloeyes:

As a frequent business flyer and high mileage car driver I would just like to see some outline proposal from the government as to where this extra tax money is going to be spent, and what benefit is will have on the environment.

I didn't necessarily say all of them are but you can just tell sometimes

Quite often they are talking between themselves about how great it is to fly with no idea of what's about to happen and then they seem to go green People who have a serial dislike for flying are usually green when from the moment they sit down
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I've still got the scratch marks in my arms from sitting next to a nervous flyer 7 years ago!

Anyway, I agree that this extra tax is all well and good, but I remain to be convinced that all the money will be spent on improving public transport.

I decided against making an eight mile journey by bus a couple of weeks back when I found out it would take nearly an hour!
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I should admit that although I work in aviation, I'm a nervous flyer too! I know it's irrational, but it's not a feeling that can be helped.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMetro

Sounds to me like you've made up your mind already, rather than waiting for that 'outline proposal'.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I should admit that although I work in aviation, I'm a nervous flyer too! I know it's irrational, but it's not a feeling that can be helped.

Sounds to me like you've made up your mind already, rather than waiting for that 'outline proposal'.
    Wel given the way governments seem to appear to spend money and tax people you could forgive Carl for being just a bit sceptical
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.