Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i'm making the R10 out of resin and machined parts. a total of 400 parts to be made. it will be a 1/12th scale model.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    will it have open engine or no, because that would be badass, that will take you quite along time building that up to strach, but I'd like to see it when its done
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it will have a motor in it....i have to make the body in one piece but it will have the separation lines in case someone wants to cut the body and remove the panels..i figure it will take about a year to make from start to finish.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IMSAFAN1
    i'm making the R10 out of resin and machined parts. a total of 400 parts to be made. it will be a 1/12th scale model.
    I have a friend who has built many 1/12 cars from scratch. Good luck!

A R8 would be easier, as someone makes a 1/12 engine kit...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i've already made an R8...1/12th scale...I make cars only for private collectors not for public sale. Every detail that's on the 1:1 car is in my 1/12th scale car. even all the little head bolts in the motor are machined. this car is going to a collector in Japan. He has about 25 pieces of mine already. I keep the molds.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i've already made an R8...1/12th scale...I make cars only for private collectors not for public sale. Every detail that's on the 1:1 car is in my 1/12th scale car. even all the little head bolts in the motor are machined. this car is going to a collector in Japan. He has about 25 pieces of mine already. I keep the molds.
    That's sad.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've got the #007 Aston Martin by Autoart (1:18) and am looking at a Solido model of one of the other DBR9s - mainly because its half the price.

Anyone know what the quality of the Solido models are like or am I better off saving up for another Autoart one and paying the extra?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That sounds awesome! Any chance of some pics of your work?

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I don't have a web site never needed one....I have 2 years worth of work right now..everything is word of mouth for me..i have clients all over the world. If I put the number two out front on the grid then you'll know who won. Right now I'm working on a Vasek Polok 917.
    No, I don't mean a website to generate sales, just pictures of your cars. Your pieces sound very interesting. There are dozens of sites that allow you to store and host digital pics online and post the photos at sites like this.

A gentleman who posts as "Chaparral" does something similar, though he mainly focuses on Champ and Indy cars. The pictures he posts show the amazing detail of the cars he builds.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sween
    Hello fellow model collectors. I mainly collect ChampCar diecast but I also like collecting GT's and have a reasonable collection. I am quite a fan of prototypes and was very happy to see Montoya win the Rolex 24 hour race last weekend. The first thing I thought was "Man I want a diecast of that car" I contacted Motorsport Authentics who made Daytona Prototypes in the past and asked if they would make one. I was basically told no.

If you are like me and you want one of these cars in your collection can I ask that you contact Motorsport Authentics and tell them you want one. After all without demand there is no supply....

http://www.action-performance.com/Ho...nformation.asp

Cheers

El

As a fan of Montoya since he was in F3000, I'd love to have this car.

Thanks, Sween. I'll do my part and email M/A.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith