Thread: Acropolis 2008

Liked 128 Times in 34 Posts

Acropolis 2008

Anyone of you going to Greece this year?

Does someone have any hints on good special stages?
    Anything else to keep in mind?

How many spectators are visiting the Acropolis Rally?
    Are there lots of people at the stages the night before?

Regards,
    hYpe
    http://patrik-pangerl.com
    World Rally Photography since 2005

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    normally on thursday and friday not very many spectators on shakedown/stages !
    moreover there are not very many "night-campers" on the stages.

even on saturday some more, but not crowded - all in all ok.

best regards

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool Greece, here I come!

I just booked flights to Athens for me and one friend of mine. We don't have much plans yet. My friend knows some local people we might stay with, but we are planning to have tent as well. Any tips and advices about camping near stages? Is there safety or legal issues?

We'll get some local expertise from my friend's friends but all the information from fellow rally enthuastics are welcome. Of course all spectating tips, dos and donts are welcome. Only WRC event we have spectated before is Rally Finland (countless of times, though) so something little different is always welcome.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From last year's programme.

AMMUNITION!
    ...... The most important of all is to keep water in a cool place.Therefore,taking with you lots of bottles of water and some dry food is more than advisable.A sun-block cream,a First Aid car kit and a small chair will also make your life easier during the rally.......Dress up with as few clothes as you can and prefer the bright colors.A hat and a pair of sunglasses are necessary while a pair of rubber-shoes will make your life easier when you climb to the ideal spot for watching the rally.

About ss you must buy the programme where you will find the access to the spectators in English and with a relevant "road book".

Spesial stages closes three hours before 1st car Timetable,but maybe police
    close the ss earlier (for spectators).

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Can anyone post detaled instructions how to get to Service Park area from Athens?
    FYI, actual diagram of Service Park, HQ,Parking, and SSS map is available online at official web site.
    Also, will official program be available at gas stations accross the country?

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Where do I buy stage passess?
    Gas Stations?

Cool Benefits of Becoming a Member

Can you simply tell if Runescape is a great game maplestory powerleveling or not without you becoming a member? The answer to that would be, NO! Well you can make a few predictions about Runescape and see the moral of the game when being a regular user and not a member but becoming a member brings a whole lot of additions to Runescape that you would never see if you were not a member. Being a member of Runescape has so many benefits and I will try to list them all here for you. Runescape tells you them, but I'm going to detail it a few features for you here. runescape money