Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

How much has Renault improved?

We all thought that Fernando qualified on thte front row on very low fuel, but as it turned out, he wasn't all that light; maybe three laps less. Unfortunately, his engine went before we really found out where he would have finished.
    There was some discussion about this on our chat forum during the race about this.

Any thoughts?
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    It's a big improvement, I can only hope continues.
    This can prove to be an exciting season with hopefully Ferrari, McLaren, BMW and Renault all battling for the podium.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    It's all swings and roundabouts.

The midfield is so tight that one or other team will come up with better solutions at every major test.

The summer will be interesting because everyone will be think of the 2009 regs.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    It's all swings and roundabouts.

The midfield is so tight that one or other team will come up with better solutions at every major test.

The summer will be interesting because everyone will be think of the 2009 regs.
    I think Q2's times showed just how much the cars were close to each other. Don't know about the Renault as it came in for a second set of tyres at some stage of quals. Can't remember when.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Renault are up there and maybe if a track suits the car more than others Alonso could win a race or two.
    Extremely impressed with the first 43 laps of Bourdais' race

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    how much of it could go down to home track advantage.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    We all thought that Fernando qualified on thte front row on very low fuel, but as it turned out, he wasn't all that light; maybe three laps less. Unfortunately, his engine went before we really found out where he would have finished.
    There was some discussion about this on our chat forum during the race about this.

Any thoughts?
    A lot although those mass dampers....hum....are they legal? Will other teams adapt them as well if deemed legal?

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    A lot although those mass dampers....hum....are they legal? Will other teams adapt them as well if deemed legal?
    Do you have a link that explains these dampers? I seem to have missed this development completely, and whether it's legal or otherwise.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Do you have a link that explains these dampers? I seem to have missed this development completely, and whether it's legal or otherwise.
    You know, a couple of days ago I bumped into some article talking about it. I did not see any detailed description on how they work. Only that the new dampers are not moving anymore?!?!?!?! But..I'll see if I can find it somewhere.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    You know, a couple of days ago I bumped into some article talking about it. I did not see any detailed description on how they work. Only that the new dampers are not moving anymore?!?!?!?! But..I'll see if I can find it somewhere.
    Decided to use GOOGLE, and here it is : http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...17111341.shtml