Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts

Curborough Sprint Track under threat

Taken from Pistonheads.com....

CURBOROUGH UNDER THREAT

Top sprint course could be made into houses

One of Britain’s top sprint courses is under threat from developers, it has been revealed.

Curborough Sprint Course is one of the most used in the country but fans of the venue say that unless something is done it will be turned into a housing development.

Those who use and run the course are now urging the local council to ditch the proposals as it would be a sad loss for UK motorsport.

The good news is, according to the circuit, the development has not yet been given the green light and they believe that it is not too late to change the minds of the local council.

To find out more about the development and to do something about it go to www.curborough.co.uk

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    More and more sprint courses are under threat. Dunkeswell is being whinged about, I think Colerne (where I'm competing on Monday ) has something going on too but can't be sure. Also I think Llandow is in danger of developers taking over.

The problems with motor sport these days is that people like to complain about the noise and less and less events can be held during a year and then the venue becomes less viable. Sadly money talks and these sorts of petitions don't seem to have an effect
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Post 汶川地震

感谢:注册公司网,上海汽车租赁网提供

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dunkeswell Sprint

One of the reasons I heard that Dunkeswell is under threat, is because Nigel Mansell is trying to develop his Kart track, and the residents are kicking up about it. Also recently an organisation was holding sprints at the venue but unfortuately the organisers have folded, due to lack of entries.

But on the good side, there is a part time drag strip being used near by.

Cool do

do it better