Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So who ended going to the LBGP?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Second post I think is interesting.

Link to competing forum deleted

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was there. Sadest thing I have ever seen. Grown brave experienced racers crying in pit lane during the grid formation. The farewell party at the Queen Mary was just as bad.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I went. King Taco was delicious as always! My LB streak continues..........
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yep just arrived back home from the race weekend, must say the cars actually had better paint schemes than last year and really looked great.

Feeling just seem very weird at moment, ok i like to go work at IRL but nothing seem's to excite me about doing more than the one event.

One of the more interesting things to come out of the race weekend, from people inside the champcar organisation someone put a bid in for ALL the panoz's ??? not sure who yet but the story came out over the tannoy annoucer also.
    Wouldnt it be fun to have a a1gp style race with the panoz for the usa ? have to wait and see who the mystery buyer is

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I saw a photo of Jay Leno hanging around the races! He must be a big Champ car fan!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Was there. Great time, cars looked and sounded fantastic. Lots of close racing and an unexpected result. Very sad for many fans and especially those that worked for Champ Car and earlier CART. Overall everybody looking to the future with positive feelings about the series, looking for two improvements, make the car for 2010 (11?) faster and with a turbo, sounding roar and racey while a better looking car would be popular. The racing will look after itself with the strong driver line up already showing but it needs to be a minimum of 50% American drivers. NASCAR watch out as this is an American series going to blast your socks off while enjoying a duel in relative terms ratings improvment in Europe. If Cotman can get the budget and the agreement from TG then it will grow and grow. Yeh I had a good time!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Always good to visit old friends and acquantancies. I was there from the time the track went green on Thursday. A weekend full of speculation and promise for the future. Knowing ALMS will be part of Long Beach for the next 5 years is great news.
    LBGP: The Sound - The Spectacle. Racin' at its finest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was great to see the DP01 in person if only for the last time. There were people i met from all walks of life...people like me, 40 year old, that grew up watching CART and the glory times of OWR and wanted to suck in the sound of the turbocharged Cosworth one last time. I went on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

On Friday, I bought my daughter and we were both in CART drabs. I was in my FedEx Cart Team Kool Green jersey. There was another fan (family) in the Paddock...the father was in a Forsythe jersey, the Grandfather in Champ Car jersey, the wife and two kids had everything Champ Car. They had the bug bad just a bad as I did. It is sad to think that all these die hard fans couldn't keep Champ Car afloat. PT was happy to see all of us on Friday during the autograph session. I am sure he was sad...he had the longest line and people were probably saying the kindest things to him.

All things considered, life goes on and things evolve. I just hope that Tony Cotman can get things right for the next car and bring back all the CART/Champ Car fans into Indycar.