Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Design your own grid!

With interest floundering in ALMS GTS (see separate thread) I thought this might be an interesting mental exercise:

Every car manufacturer in the world has come to you for advice as to in which ACO class (LMP 1 and 2, GTS and GT) they should compete. Design your own grid using the manufacturers of your choice, and supply a decent championship outlook for the coming years.

Oh yes- supply a rationale for your decisions, and keep in mind we want a well balanced grid, not everyone flocking to the GT class

Have fun!

Tannat
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    in 2010 a GTP class is going to possibly form for the enclosed LMP1's, so will this mean open cockpits are still going to be allowed in P1
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Ok, to Audi and Peugeot, stay in Prototype 1. To Porsche, stay in p2, To Mercedes, give up that f1 stuff and run a prototype in p1. Jaguar, go to GT2 and beat up the Porsches and the smaller Ferrari's. BMW, you should be running with the big dogs in P1, and put a few m5's in GT2 for fun eh?

To Ferrari, build a prototype for p1 PLEASE!!!! Bring back the red cars of Italy to the Sarthe in a big way.

To Chrysler, would you please put a Viper back in GT1 that can compete? Saleen, ditto. Ford....well you will do what you do....you figure it out.

Mazda, put a car in p2 and bring back a rotary so I my ears can hurt !! Toyota, why are you in f1, bring back a p1 car! Nissan, put a 350z in GT1. Subaru........GT2 for you.

Would also love to see a GT2 class car from Pontiac in the form of a GTO ( that would be a Monaro down under).

Seeing a Bugatti run in P1 would be something too.

There...I think I have everyone settled...now go race or something....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

cool!

Now, i know, i might be a bit of a newb in these forums, but i do really like Le mans and other GT series, but anyway, moving on.

P1- Ferrari should really come out all guns firing in this, with porcher again, with Pug and audi, Jag should come as well, and i'd love MG to come out with a new car, and radical should really go in it, and not forgeting aston, and BMW

P2-Ferrari F430, 595s, porchers, Nissan, a 350Z would be cool, also something like a ford falcon or holden as well and i'd like suburu in it as well.

GT- Vauxhall manaro, Honda, something like a intergra, and that pontiac thats supposed to come in 08.

GT2- if nissan can't cut it in P2, i think nissan should be in here, ford and chrysler you should be here as well, and it would be cool to have some sort of Ford in here
    100% out and out Ferrari fan.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Scuderia, you might want to check on which types of cars go in which classes. P stands for prototypes. You're entire P2 class is composed of GT cars.

P1
    Audi
    Chapparal
    Ferrari (Enzo-based?)
    Mazda (rotary with four or five rotors)
    McLaren
    Nissan
    Porsche
    Toyota

P2
    Creation Autosportif
    Courage
    Elan/Panoz/Van Dieman
    Lola
    Lotus
    Pescarolo
    Radical
    West (currently in SCCA CSR/DSR and IMSA Lites)
    Zytek

GT1
    Aston Martin
    Audi RS6
    BMW M5
    Chevrolet Corvette
    Dodge Viper
    Ferrari 599
    Ford GT

GT2
    Audi A4
    BMW M3
    Ferrari F430
    Jaguar XKR
    Lotus Exige
    Mercedes C-class AMG
    Panoz GTLM Esperante
    Porsche 997

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like it Grassrootsracer, mine would probably be something pretty similar!

But Id bring back a few old cars, revamped of course. Not all of them below are in the correct class by their designation, but I have put them into the classes with the cars I think they should race against, with the proper modifications so as to fit into said class.

P1
    Audi R10
    Ferrari, possibly Enzo based again
    Mazda 787B
    McLaren F1 GTR
    Nissan R390
    Porsche 991 & Spyder
    Toyota TS020
    BMW V12 LM
    Panoz Esperante GTR1
    Bugatti Veyron (with some letters and numbers after it of course)
    Mercedes Sauber C9
    Bentley EXP Speed 8

P2
    Creation Autosportif
    Courage
    Elan
    Lola EX257
    Judd
    Dome
    Pescarolo
    Radical
    Zytek

GT1
    Aston Martin DBR9
    Dodge Viper GTSR
    Saleen S7R
    Chevrolet Corvette C5R
    Porsche 911 GT2
    Maserati MC12
    Ferrari 575 GTC
    TVR Cerbera Speed 12
    Marcos Mantara LM600
    Ford GT

GT2
    Spyker C8 Double 12R
    TVR Tuscan T400R
    Jaguar XKR GT3
    Lamborghini Gallardo GT3
    Mercedes C-classe AMG
    Ferrari F430 GT
    Marcos Mantis GT
    Nissan Skyline R34 JGTC
    Im back! Now what'd I miss?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    very nice list but I see the Enzo Ferrari being a GT1 car.

Ferrari should build up a prototype instead of bringing the Enzo
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good answers thus far

LMP1 Okay, Audi can stay (but should go back to rallying), but this is the ground of Porsche, Ferrari, Toyota, Mercedes,

LMP2 Acura, Renault, Peugeot, Mazda, VW, Fiat,

GTS Aston Martin, Covette, BMW M6,
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm in almost total agreement, tannat!

P1 is in fact Porsche terratory, and this is why it is soooo hard for me to see that due to "other" interests (Porsche owning almost 30% of VAG) Porsche will not reclaim its ground from Audi.
    It really would be nice to see a battle like the old 917's and the Ferrari 512p's.

I would also add Porsche to the GTS. (It's a long standing tradition!)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    P1: ALL manufacturers and big private teams. Not only Ferrari, Porsche or Mercedes. What's that ??

P2: private teams.