Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Well, well, welll. Look who is back. (Awwww, no. I'm not going to do it.)

Gary
    Maybe he is like Beetlejuice, you say his name 3 times he returns.
    Most posters on this forum can't think past their own screen names...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanguin
    Here's a good article-

especially the comments on the bottom.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor...champcar_N.htm
    Sanguin, I suspect you have been lurking here all along... so I take it that you have had a change of heart about your 300+ "ChampCar und Amigos Uber Alles" posts now that you are suggesting we all read this very balanced USA article. Hey, are you going to the last Champtanic party on the Queen Mary on Sunday night? I would love to buy you a Gin and Kool Aid Martini.
    OWRS-- Began January 28, 2004 and ended on February 22, 2008!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No, I haven't been here since the buyout. TG paid $10 million for CC. Hope he got his money 's worth. I don't support the IRL, never will. I have other racing interests now, thanks to TG's money.
    I suspect soon enough OW will fail to the point something better will come along to to take its place. The revolt is already brewing. I'll be very patient.

I posted the article because of the truthfulness of some posts. The article is lacking in facts. It is not a merger or unification, it was a buyout. It's still the same old IRL with a few more cars. The IRL has not been successful in 11 years and there is no reason it will be now. It just lost more fans.

Sorry, I'm busy this weekend.
    Champ Car Fan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1. Mods oughta look at your F-Troop posting.
    2. Bye.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Guess you will have a lot of free time after that, huh?

PS - This is the IndyCar forum. If you don't like it, don't post here. This seem like a better forum for you...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    On the whole, I thought the USA article was balanced. The questions raised are legit, while recognizing that the Indy Car Series is now the top open wheel series in the US. As I have said, the jury is way out on TG and his management skills of a series like this, but in retrospect, he can hardly be worse than The Amigos, who have turned out to be one of the biggest disappointments I have ever seen in motorsports (maybe even sports period). I have also said I will keep an open mind about the new series, I won't let any old anger prevent me from watching the new series and where it goes. Once the schedule stabilizes and we have a new car (I agree with KK and JV that incorporating some aspects of the DP-01 is a wise idea, the car should have ideas from both the IRL and CC), that will give us an indication of what the future holds.

As for sanguin saying the "The revolt is already brewing", give some evidence of that, please. Same goes for the comment on the unified series having lost fans. Not possible. Even if some bitter IRL and CC fans decided not to watch, you'd still have a great many fans from both combining to create a larger fanbase as a whole, however slightly or substantially that is. But I hope the IRL knows that won't last if they don't learn from CC's mistakes and their own, and work harder than ever to promote and make exciting this new venture.

Same old IRL? Not a chance. The series especially with G. Rahal winning last time has a new energy it has lacked for some time; let's hope it continues. Imagine what can happen when Lady danica wins her first race. It will happen. That's when she'll really earn that spread in SI, maybe even make the cover again, this time for a real reason. That would be an important first step in making American Open Wheel racing relevant again.
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, well, welll. Look who is back. (Awwww, no. I'm not going to do it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by indycool
    You goin' soft on us, Gary?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaimWitz
    Sanguin, I suspect you have been lurking here all along... so I take it that you have had a change of heart about your 300+ "ChampCar und Amigos Uber Alles" posts now that you are suggesting we all read this very balanced USA article. Hey, are you going to the last Champtanic party on the Queen Mary on Sunday night? I would love to buy you a Gin and Kool Aid Martini.
    No, I haven't been here since the buyout. TG paid $10 million for CC. Hope he got his money 's worth. I don't support the IRL, never will. I have other racing interests now, thanks to TG's money.
    I suspect soon enough OW will fail to the point something better will come along to to take its place. The revolt is already brewing. I'll be very patient.

I posted the article because of the truthfulness of some posts. The article is lacking in facts. It is not a merger or unification, it was a buyout. It's still the same old IRL with a few more cars. The IRL has not been successful in 11 years and there is no reason it will be now. It just lost more fans.

This is my favorite comment-
    Ok, I was gonna lay back and just see which sanquin showed up. I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt. But now that I see who did show up, you're right Indy, maybe I was going soft.

Sanguin, regarding your not having been back here since the buyout/unification BULL. Do you really expect us to believe you haven't even looked in to see what was being said. Uh, huh. Sure. Whatever you say.

Next what is this "The revolt is already brewing." Have any FACTS to back that up? And please spare me the story about Forsyth's delusional plans to team up with some impresario and do some Pacific rim series. Yawn. That's a non starter. Dial up Madison Ave in the morning and see how quickly they hang up on you.

Hmmmm, "I don't support the IRL, never will. I have other racing interests now, thanks to TG's money." So does that mean you were closer to the core than you let on and you got a cut? Or just that you are no longer an open wheel fan? Either way, there is an exit here with your name on it.

Maybe we should take a page from your old buddies at CCF. I have FIVE reasons to start a count down. Do I hear FOUR?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok, I was gonna lay back and just see which sanquin showed up. I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt. But now that I see who did show up, you're right Indy, maybe I was going soft.

Sanguin, regarding your not having been back here since the buyout/unification BULL. Do you really expect us to believe you haven't even looked in to see what was being said. Uh, huh. Sure. Whatever you say.

Next what is this "The revolt is already brewing." Have any FACTS to back that up? And please spare me the story about Forsyth's delusional plans to team up with some impresario and do some Pacific rim series. Yawn. That's a non starter. Dial up Madison Ave in the morning and see how quickly they hang up on you.

Hmmmm, "I don't support the IRL, never will. I have other racing interests now, thanks to TG's money." So does that mean you were closer to the core than you let on and you got a cut? Or just that you are no longer an open wheel fan? Either way, there is an exit here with your name on it.

Maybe we should take a page from your old buddies at CCF. I have FIVE reasons to start a count down. Do I hear FOUR?

Gary
    Since is his not a IndyCar fan, I could see a reason FOUR it...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hopefully Robin Miller will report more facts that have surfaced at Long Beach. I wish I could repeat what one team owner shared with me. Or that Cosworth has handed out almost 30 pink slips effective next week. Some great faces will be missed, Ian Bisco among them.
    LBGP: The Sound - The Spectacle. Racin' at its finest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

GF? Is it really you?????!!! :P