Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

F1 teams that never raced

Does anyone have a list of Formula One Teams that built a car, but never raced? I don't mean teams or groups that were planning to enter F1, I mean teams that built an F1 car, but it never raced for whatever reason.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks, I have used this website before for this subject, other than it dosen't say if they built and tested the car or not, or if it was just a group saying they wish to enter F1 (which can be said for a few groups).

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    An interesting car that never raced was the 1989 car built by the First F3000 team to graduate to F1, they decided against it and the car was taken over a year later by the Italian Life team, but instead of using the Judd engine that the chassis was intended for they used a rather unique (in F1 circles anyway) W12 derived from 2x 1.5 litre V6's with the overall capacity enlarged to meet the 3.5 litre formula. An interesting concept, unfortunately it was pathetically slow and never got close to pre-qualifying, hence the same F1 car that was never raced by 2 separate teams!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philipbain
    An interesting car that never raced was the 1989 car built by the First F3000 team to graduate to F1, they decided against it and the car was taken over a year later by the Italian Life team, but instead of using the Judd engine that the chassis was intended for they used a rather unique (in F1 circles anyway) W12 derived from 2x 1.5 litre V6's with the overall capacity enlarged to meet the 3.5 litre formula. An interesting concept, unfortunately it was pathetically slow and never got close to pre-qualifying, hence the same F1 car that was never raced by 2 separate teams!!!

Here's more Life's woeful attempt at F1:

http://www.f1rejects.com/teams/life/profile.html
    Team Super Friends the new factory Honda team.:D

Quote Originally Posted by FIA
    Thanks, I have used this website before for this subject, other than it dosen't say if they built and tested the car or not, or if it was just a group saying they wish to enter F1 (which can be said for a few groups).
    Errr, it does mention whether they tested or not, unless you're after something more specific?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Lola MasterCard team never really raced, the furthest they got was to DNQ on the 97 Australian Grand Prix
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Yeah they weren't quite as bad as this Life team though. You'd think that even with running a F3000 car they would be able to put something together that worked. What's more amazing is that they almost did a whole season of 'racing' before they pulled out.

I'm interested to know whether or not the slow times were due to problems with the car, or whether they really were going as fast as they could. I doubt it.

The Lola team at least had decent drivers. Sospiri and Badoer if I'm right?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody
    The Lola team at least had decent drivers. Sospiri and Badoer if I'm right?
    Ricardo Rosset, noy Badoer.