Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRoethig
    Seriously, are you just here to troll or something? It's pretty obvious that you don't like NASCAR and are just here to belittle everything. You have been given the answers, but if it differs at all than how it is in Rallying, you consider an excuse.
    I think you hit the nail on the head.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I started this thread to cut through the BS and see why NASCAR dosn't step into the 21st century and I found my answer. "Because some people just want to see a good race." Race on gentlemen, race on...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    speaking on a high note, did anyone notice all those empty seats today.
    Didn't used to be that way , not even last year.
    Nascar is in trouble and they better do something fast
    or in a few years it will just have been another fad that was popular for a short time and then people moved on.

oh wait , how could i be so blind,
    nascar already has done something to address the problem, jr. received the morning call this week.

david

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Despite the fact that CART used it for years without a bother? I pooh-pooh you.

Ethanol produced from corn is between 7-12 times more expensive than producing it from sugar cane. Corn production is a result of taxation and government subsidy more than anything else.

NASCAR will always be resistant to change because of vested interests and politics. Even CoT which seems to be working and producing less accidents, was slammed by Kyle Busch on opening day with his famous "They Suck" speech after winning the first race.
    I doubt whether the fuel issue would be different, if at all.
    CART used Methanol. The IRL uses Ethanol.

Don't forget also, taxes and subsidies are certainly a factor, but so is the fact that you can actually grow corn in the midwest-not sugar cane.

Dave, Jr. got the call my ass, easy to see what you're here about...move along...
    Racing season is soon upon us!:smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePI2
    Nascar is in trouble and they better do something fast
    or in a few years it will just have been another fad that was popular for a short time and then people moved on.
    Speaking of fads, how's CART and Champ Car and the Pet Rock doing these days.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think they need to get rid of the lucky dog, if you get a lap down, there is a reason for it. Double file restarts with lap cars in the back. No green, white, checkers finish. Qualify on time, if you are not fast enough, go home!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My change , like it or not, would be 4 sensors in the head rest and two in front of the steering wheel, with accompaning senors on the visor or top of the visor; to be used as the on board camers angle guidance and positioning locators.To truely see what the drivers see and don't see as they drive. Then we could more clearly see how vision is obsrtucted and the importance of spotters, and of course the "in the smoke" look of an oncoming accident.
    Other than that use you're imagination of the possibilities. What was he looking at when he kissed his girl before he pulled away.I didn't want to get too graphic, but i'm sure you get the idea..Could have changed the whole Dale Sr. questions about Simpons equiptment. IMO
    wheres Mondale when you need him?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

1. Do away with "The Chase".
    2. Do away with 2 lane restarts. Race start side by side, all others 1-35 single file.
    3. Do away with "Lucky Dog Pass".
    4. Do away with green, white finish.
    5. Reduce field to 35 cars. Too many cars now with backmarker/filler/no chance teams.
    6. With a 35 car field, you must qualify in the top 35 to be in the field. No more past Champions or whatever. If you can't qualify, you don't belong in the race.
    7. Now that I stirred the pot, Lets agree on some changes.
    :dork: 1 of Original 100 Members

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    Update the engine to a more current model.
    Fuel Injection.
    ?
    ummmm......... Computers, Technology, Totally Revamping the Power Plant, Millions in testing, Research and development, and totally starting over, Killing the smaller teams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i will take nascar the way is
    there have been too many changes lately
    let the teams adjust to the car