Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JovialJooles
    I'm sad to say it, but a PM from a very long standing member has prompted me to ask the question.

Where have all the fans gone?

This forum has degenerated into a team message board.

Are there still fans out there? If so, please let me know.

Why are you not posting? There used to be quite a bit of fun and banter during the closed season...
    I was the member who posted the PM to J and Witty and here it is in its entirety, what I should have said was " forum" instead of the thread referring to the Snetterton results and "who's making the tea!"
    GROW UP

Guys,

Looking at the drivel that is being written on this thread is exactly why I've gone to lurking and won't contribute to this forum. To the guests and non Rockingham team people this sets up an appalling image of what V8 racing is about. I haven't included the PuT amongest them as the Revolution team and one or two others are using this public forum as a private chat room.

Chunter over.

Have fun, see you sometime.
    Ian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uskram
    IT SHOULD BE AN OVAL SERIES and the majority of people that followed the series believed that also! If fans are like myself they browse here occasionally but are pretty disinterested with the series.
    Im still around but uskram is right thats why there are no fans on here anymore.
    'The futures oval' Hendrick Motorsport/Tony Stewart

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chigley
    I was the member who posted the PM to J and Witty and here it is in its entirety, what I should have said was " forum" instead of the thread referring to the Snetterton results and "who's making the tea!"
    GROW UP

Guys,

Looking at the drivel that is being written on this thread is exactly why I've gone to lurking and won't contribute to this forum. To the guests and non Rockingham team people this sets up an appalling image of what V8 racing is about. I haven't included the PuT amongest them as the Revolution team and one or two others are using this public forum as a private chat room.

Chunter over.

Have fun, see you sometime.
    Ian
    Welcome back.
    make love not war.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Chiggers , me old friend, yes i agree with your views and have spoken with some of my team about previous statements on other threads but those guy,s obviously knew what was coming and felt very strongly about their series that they put their own free time into and so did not agree with us going to circuits anymore than the fans on here, me niether, but what was we to do, give up !!!

We had 18 drivers and cars all agreed to go Oval racing in October 07, but the decission was made, it could of been a good season on the oval.

but i will restate, Colin did a great job at Snetterton, against my pre season views i enjoyed the first meeting more than any in the last 2 years because it was a spectacle again, even with two cars, more cars will be awesome.

Maybe we are more akin to Oz V8's than Nascar for now, thats not a bad thing......i remain very optomistic for the future now.

as for people on this forum, there are normally around 12 showing and another 50 lurking, thats not bad, each thread gets around 70 views which suggests to me around 70 regular visitors......i have the Forum as my home page and have done since i was a fan in 2001.

please keep the faith

Duane
    REVOLUTION RACING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I lurk to see whats happening.

With the series not longer at Rockingham, my interest is mostly gone. Its even turned me off picks ups a bit.

Only 2 trips to Rockingham in 08............its highly likely (for me anyway)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uskram
    IT SHOULD BE AN OVAL SERIES and the majority of people that followed the series believed that also! If fans are like myself they browse here occasionally but are pretty disinterested with the series or the sledging they get or have got from team personell.
    Spot on, this forum also seems to be a closed shop of "those in the know" and then those who are not, theres a race on sat 12th but you try finding any info on BRSCC web site ???????.timetable
    Then each year some one changes the name......how many times
    This is tony writing this (wendys partner) and i used to bring the kids up all the time, know there like me not interested anymore......
    We know a lot of people are doing a lot of hard work...and well done. please go back to the oval....please.
    Havnt posted on here for a long time......
    WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedworx
    I lurk to see whats happening.

With the series not longer at Rockingham, my interest is mostly gone. Its even turned me off picks ups a bit.

Only 2 trips to Rockingham in 08............its highly likely (for me anyway)

Pretty much exactly the same for me, loved it when the series was on the oval and the ascar/pickup meetings every month were dates for the diary that I dare not miss.

As it turns out i cant make any of the pickup meetings this year cos I'm racing myself so it looks like no trips to the rock in 08 for me.

As soon as the cars return to the ovals tho, i'll be back there if it fits in with everything else
    http://www.chrishill44.co.uk
    #44 Spedeworth Rookie Rod

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Still lurking and was at Snetterton the other weekend. I'd prefer to be at the rock, but will still attend as many meetings as I can get to. I'm sure that the V8s on road circuits will be good if there's a big enough grid. After all the Aussie V8s (as opposed to NASCAR) on road circuits always look fantastic don't they?

Also, I feel that the road circuit option potentially bring the SCSA cars to a larger, or at least a different, audience (although the meetings would have to be rather better attended than Snetterton).

Regards

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm still here too! Mostly lurking, occasionally posting. Again, big V8s on a big oval was what attracted me, but as others have said, lots of V8s on a road course could be good- I too enjoy the aussie V8 Supercars. But we need big grids for it to be exciting, and I wonder if the fibre-glass bodied cars will last very long if there's the sort of pushing-and-shoving we see in the Aussie series!

Hey Witty - don't you have a Snetterton gallery to post? Photos always keep the interest up!
    http://photos.spa-networks.co.uk/photos My photos (inc Santa Pod Easter Thunderball, April 2011)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i have been a fan since the Beginning but i lost interest when they started on road courses and i agree you need big grids for it to be interesting on a road course.