Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

British mass media is pathetic

First they accuse FA of brake testing LH.
    Then after Renault proved it wasn't the case, and Ron and LH said it was Lewis' fault we get this:

'It subsequently emerged that the aerodynamic "bridge" connecting the two sides of the front wing across the nose of the McLaren had failed a couple of seconds before he plunged into the back of the Spaniard,' reports the Guardian.

'That gave Hamilton a fleeting rush of acceleration which carried him into his collision.'
    This fiction is reported here:
    http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...396120,00.html

Can't they just accept that they were wrong?!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Im British and i like to see Lewis Hamilton do well and win the title one day, but i agree, the media here too often make him look like the sun shines out of his backside. Especially the Guardian, what they write honestly isnt fit to be bog-roll.

I just accept the fact that certain factions of the media here will always write about Hamilton as if they are fanboys and not actually describing the action on the track, in other words i ignore it and read what the outsiders think
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Can't they just accept that they were wrong?!
    No - you clearly have the fortune of not knowing the British press very well :. In fact I would say all of the following have more chance of happening:

-Bernie Ecclestone going an entire year without threatening to drop the British GP.
    -Super Aguri finishing 1st and 2nd in the next race.
    -26 cars lining up for the start of a Formula 1 race.
    -Me winning the National Lottery Jackpot. Twice. In a row.
    -You get the idea

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I said that both guys are blameless so I won't go into the actual accident again.

On the breakfast news this morning, all they said was that Lewis Hamilton had a crap race etc. barely mentioning the Ferraris and not mentioning BMW at all! At least before Lewis they put out proper race reports. To the British media it's like he has no hope of winning the title. There are 15 rounds left!

It didn't mention that even if he hadn't have crashed probably 6th or 7th would have been the best he could have done anyway. The media have made it sound like he threw away a victory or something.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I just heard about this on the BBC podcast.

Ioan,

that was speculation and typical paddock gossip and it's normal for post race debriefs to cover all angles. There may be some degree in truth because LH was racing midfield and subsequently there was a strong possibility of damaging the front wing prior to colliding with FA.

If you're saying the British media are pathetic then what about Ferrari's spin doctors in Malaysia trying to cover Massa's mistakes by saying he stalled the car's aero a few corners prior to his off, or Ron Dennis trying to play down the Alonso/Lewis rivalry last year?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    I just heard about this on the BBC podcast.

Ioan,

that was speculation and typical paddock gossip and it's normal for post race debriefs to cover all angles. There may be some degree in truth because LH was racing midfield and subsequently there was a strong possibility of damaging the front wing prior to colliding with FA.
    If his wing was broken already, which I think it wasn't the case, than he was already accounting for it.
    I don't see why it should have broke just moments before he sticked it into the Renault.
    And even IF that would have happened I don't see why he would suddenly accelerate like a rocket because of that.
    Don't forget they are talking about the bridge element and not about the common front wing elements! The bridge element has a role of channeling the air towards the rest of the car, not to work as a aerodynamic brake.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    British Mass Media is pathetic hock: Please, say it isn't true. I will be hiding under my bed until it all goes back to normal
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    If his wing was broken already, which I think it wasn't the case, than he was already accounting for it.
    I don't see why it should have broke just moments before he sticked it into the Renault.
    And even IF that would have happened I don't see why he would suddenly accelerate like a rocket because of that.
    Don't forget they are talking about the bridge element and not about the common front wing elements! The bridge element has a role of channeling the air towards the rest of the car, not to work as a aerodynamic brake.
    It's only speculation and aero is a science. You can add more front wing and yet still gain understeer!

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Motorsport Forums > Racing > Formula 1
    British mass media is pathetic

Who cares? They're not driving the cars. If you watched the race you saw (as best as anyone else that was viewing the feed) the things that happened.
    Believe half of what you see,
    and none of what you hear!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Just wait Ioan, typical of the British media they will turn on him when they get bored.