Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmarsh
    The fact of the matter is that Jason has hit Tom probably 5 times to every 1 time Tom has hit him.
    Yeah. And Tom has the bruises to show for it! :

The unfortunate thing about Plato is...
    ....he has been too kind on Chilton. :

knocking into people was the signs of a man who knows he's not going to win in for another year.
    Remind me how Mat Neal won the title two years running?

the guy is desperate.
    I just don't think he is someone who is prepared to not take things lying down. You said yourself for 2 years he has had the best car and not won the title once (now do you all see where I am coming from?). It is so easy for a lesser person to just lie down with head in hands and cry himself to sleep. I would. Not Jason Plato. One day he will. It may not be anytime before the moon hosts the FIFA World Cup; but it will happen.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Seatfreak, there is no questioning how much you support Seat, but do you think that slagging off a fellow driver in the series in a national news paper is a professional thing to do?

I think some of your points are valid, but if you remember Matt Neal won the first title by finishing almost if not all the races, therefore he can't have been bashing people left right and centre.

However I do agree that Matt has his fare share of dirting driving moves, but who doesn't, I just think that Jason needs to use his head, as a role model, and not slag off drivers when things go wrong, he had a bad weekend, but he'll be back for Donny.

All I want to see as a fan of the touring cars is a little more professionalism, and as a friend of Tom, I find insults in the national press a little too much.
    Erik Edman - 35 yard screamer - am I seeing things?

www.ex.ac.uk - probably the best university in the world.

Come on TC, Rydell and Paffett.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    do you think that slagging off a fellow driver in the series in a national news paper is a professional thing to do?
    Depends on the grounds being brutally honest and whether or not I am in a stronger position than Jase' to judge; which I clearly am not in this case. And to be brutally honest I am yet to think of a position where I could possibly be in a stronger position than a driver to judge on any situation.

Unless you are I think it could be a good idea if you just take him/her at his/her word until you can prove him/her wrong.

But to make debate's about the rights and wrongs of a racing move fairer and give your good friend Tom a chance to answer the accusations, it may be a good idea for The Sun to publish a small article giving ANY driver Jase' is criticising that chance to reply. Like Casio, The Sun only sponsor the team. They have no reason to act all partisan.

But as it happens my only 'sensible' view is that I don't think it matter greatly at the end of the day. Because Tom's 7th in race 2 beat JP's 9th and Tom's 4th beat JP's 2pts.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have to say I am getting fed up of the slanging matches.... it's as if it is orchestrated.
    Last year it was the Neals v Plato this year Plato v Chilton....

grow the up the lot of them
    I've got friends racing all over the world.... good luck to you all.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    "He made two schoolboy errors," Chilton told Autosport.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66690
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think some of your points are valid, but if you remember Matt Neal won the first title by finishing almost if not all the races, therefore he can't have been bashing people left right and centre.

However I do agree that Matt has his fare share of dirting driving moves, but who doesn't, I just think that Jason needs to use his head, as a role model, and not slag off drivers when things go wrong, he had a bad weekend, but he'll be back for Donny.
    http://www.btccaction.co.uk/drivers/neal_results.php

Neal was only outside the top 10 on 3 occasions in his two championship winning years, and they were retirements. Granted today's grids are larger and more competitive, but Giovanardi was only outside the top 10 twice last year (http://www.btccaction.co.uk/drivers/...di_results.php) and lower than fifth 5 times. Combined with 10 wins.

Thus Jason Plato will not be 2008 champion already, in my opinion.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    Think you may be right, they should have been quick straight away. Almost starting to look like a development year... Did SEAT UK do much pre-season teating?
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    No...really?!! That is a shock! :

That is probably the least shocking news I have ever heard. I knew he was not going to be champion before the season started. For as long as VXR in the BTCC it is unlikely he will become champion. Painfully sad for me to admit it, but true. Alan Gow would need to suspend VXR for a season before we see a level playing field achieved and before we see a champion that doesn't drive for VXR in a time where VXR have a very good car.

So whatever Jase' says in his column that offends you I suggest perhaps you think "On the other hand, for all his criticisms will Jason Plato actually reap any rewards this season?", because for as long as VXR are racing I just don't think anyone has a chance; most of all Jase'.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im sorry, but VXR and Seat are both manufacturers, it would be unfair to suspend VXR for a season, thats just an unbeleivably stupid Idea, If Seat want to get anywhere, they need better drivers, a car with proper testing, and throw a little more money in. This is touring cars, not F1, its not as if they need to throw in Rediculous amounts, what seems to them anyway.
    Drivers’01,’02,’03,’04,’07,’08
    Manufacturers’01,’02,’03,’04,’05,’07,’08 Teams’01,’02,’03,’04,’08.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Considering at Donington last year, Plato dominated and Giovanardi had a shocker, don't rule out Plato this season, yet.