Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jacques Villneuve joins Speedcar

I wasn't really sure what forum to use for this, but...

http://www.speedcarseries.com/news/index.php?newsid=101

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Moved to history section.

JJ Lehto also drives the series, he was asked to drive last weekend's race when he was strolling the paddocs as a commentator for the Finnish F1 broadcast.
    JJ said the cars were horrible to drive and as he had no own race gear with he had to borrow in someone elses overalls and shoes, which were too small.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't know why History. It's a brand new series. Kind of a NASCAR knock-off.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Certainly big news for the Speedcar series, but it looks as if JV is seeing it as a means to an end i.e. getting back to NASCAR.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Interesting that JV indicates this series will enable him to gain experience running a Cup type car on a road course.

That said... Bahrain is a loooong ways from Charlotte, North Carolina... the home of most NA$CAR teams.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    GRAND RACING EVENTS
    Speedcar Series will form part of the Grand Racing events featuring exciting 2-day race meetings in partnership with GP2 Asia.
    The Grand Racing events will feature more than 6 hours of combined racing action offering spectators a similarly thrilling program on both Race Day 1 and Race Day 2.
    Tough competition, cheering crowds, globally renowned drivers, action-packed events, an audience of billions and millions of dollars in prize money – it’s a whole new level of motorsports excitement from the region, for the region. The inaugural SPEEDCAR Series Championship will start its annual tour on the grid in November 2007 and accelerate across several countries, spanning the Middle East, Asia and Australasia. Featuring 24 drivers competing in identical V8 620bhp stock cars, deliberately lacking electronic driver aids – meaning the racing is close, exciting and thrilling for TV and trackside spectators.

Legendary Formula One champions fighting high calibre international drivers and young, upcoming aces, for the SPEEDCAR Series Championship title - pushing limits in numerous exciting races, across several thrilling events. All drivers primed for the challenge as they fix their sights on the chequered flag. The SPEEDCAR Series brings unique motorsports entertainment that will enthral spectators in these regions.

Jean Alesi, Johnny Herbert, Gianni Morbidelli, Narain Karthikeyan and Stefan Johansson, to name but a few, join Speedcar Series entertaining fans over the 2-day race events featuring the following racing action
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Certainly big news for the Speedcar series, but it looks as if JV is seeing it as a means to an end i.e. getting back to NASCAR.
    Nastycar don't really want him, he is too french,

have you not seen "Tallegooday nites" and just who do you think was a certain role model for a certain role in the movie...........
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    I can't wait for Jacques Villeneuve getting in the 908 for Le Mans race gain this year

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    frentzen has now joined speedcar as well - looks to be a good series

Jv back to Neckcar at mexico in the second rate bus - nationwide. probably back in cup after leMans. or if sooner he won't scrap LeMans now!!
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I saw the first races on youtube.

They're giving NASCAR a bad name. No wonder Bernie bought into it....