Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2008 DTM Round 1 - Hockenheim (Due 4/10)

The 2008 racer69 DTM Championship is upon us!

There was no official pre-season test this year as everyone already knows what they're doing in these cars. Actually there was a test but no one showed up.

But anyway, let's get to it!

AI- hard
    Corcer Cutting & Careless Driving - OFF (but two wheels on track between the lines at all times - no corner cutting)
    Sim mode, no gravel traps or pro-sim damage.
    no other rules - set ups & tire choice totally open.

Track - Hockenheim
    Distance - 14 laps

There will be no DTM Qualifying King award this season, but qualifying will still be run just for fun. Post your times here & on codies, then submit your fastest lap & race time to me by April 10th.

Here's the only registered entries so far:

#46 - Jso1985 - Low Budget Racing - Mercedes
    #82 - Johnny Shell - Kentucky Fried Racing - Opel
    #666 - Real Illusions - Mobile Chicane Racing - Apache helicopter gunship/Merc

New entries welcome at all time!
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll see if I can hop aboard an Audi and flesh out your field a bit.

Red Bull Audi
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was thinking about switching to the Audi this year. I really like driving that car the best and figured it would be worth giving up a bit of time to have more fun.
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oh yeah, sorry rest of the world - the due 4/10 in the thread title is referring to april 10th, not october 4th. my bad!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interested, but not done one of these before. I assume these are done entirely on trust..? I've done the DTM quite abit, but not in sim level, so will have to fet some practice in. Where do you find your fastest lap time from?
    Thompp - Checkout my UK motorsport images http://www.peterthompsonphotography.co.uk/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah, it's all on trust basically... we usually try to post our qualifying times on the codies hall of fame, that gives a reasonable amount of verification that you aren't just totally making your times up. but the race times & fastest laps are all on trust.

for your fastest lap, at the end of the race it shows you who got the fastest lap and hopefully it'll be you... if not you'll have to remember your fastest lap from the race I guess... but that part's just for fun anyway.

we run in regular sim mode, not pro sim mode. regular sim is the easier mode.

just start by going to time trial mode & seeing what you can do in time trial mode it'll tell you your fastest lap and give you the code for the hall of fame under "championship details" then under "tracks" I think.

we'll help you find it

trd3 has been out for a while now so we need the cars this year. welcome!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oh yeah - Real Illusions has a web page with lots of nice pics on it. http://www.trd3racing.surrealillusions.co.uk/ but it also info about the races too

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny shell
    oh yeah - Real Illusions has a web page with lots of nice pics on it. http://www.trd3racing.surrealillusions.co.uk/ but it also info about the races too
    the pics are on my main site http://www.surrealillusions.co.uk of the real cars

But yeah, thats our racing site kinda thing

only 4 entries so far..kinda disapointing..
    How do I print my voicemail?
    http://www.surrealillusions.co.uk - motorsport photos :)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Qualifying - Hockenheim

1. J Shell.... M-B... 1m12.43s

I'm back in the M-B. it' just too much like a F1 machine to pass up.

I was able to shave just over 1/2 a second off my previous best lap though.

14 laps should be about 18 minutes or so. if that is going to prevent anyone from competing, let me know, as we need maximum entries.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    took me less than 18 minutes to do 14 laps

with 1:12 laps, you should be under 17 minutes

has anyone else done the race?
    How do I print my voicemail?
    http://www.surrealillusions.co.uk - motorsport photos :)