Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    To be honest I'm not that bothered what the cars are, as long as we get more Manufacturers and more seats for more drivers.
    If not then the rules have failed. But, here's hoping.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    To be honest I'm not that bothered what the cars are, as long as we get more Manufacturers and more seats for more drivers.
    Agreed but also... please, please, please... LESS GADGETS, MORE SIDEWAYS!

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts

Fantastic News, i'm sure this S2000+ formula will bring more manufacteurs to the WRC.

Fiat, Toyota, Peugeot and Mitsubishi have now a great opportunity to join Citroën, Ford, Subaru and Suzuki.

22 moths till the begining of the 2010 WRC...I feel like a kid waiting for christmas
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power
    Fantastic News, i'm sure this S2000+ formula will bring more manufacteurs to the WRC.

Fiat, Toyota, Peugeot and Mitsubishi have now a great opportunity to join Citroën, Ford, Subaru and Suzuki.

22 moths till the begining of the 2010 WRC...I feel like a kid waiting for christmas
    Me too. I think it’s going to be an interest season 2010, old and new WRC cars competing against each other.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N
    So this means that the compression ratio in the engine won't be changed after adding the turbo? It's a bit strange to have this concept, I mean, adding a turbo is not just a turbo, but intercooler, different ECU mapping, exhaust, intake pipes would be different, what about air intake restrictor. I know, they should run the turbos with a blowoff valve which makes that pssshhh noise,
    the s2000 is built base on light weight, the turbo will give out so much torque that will destroy the current tranmission they are using, so they'll have to built stroner one but will cause change in the car balance, reworks on the driveshaft system too, then it'll become expensive again. i think it would take some work, but interesting to see what they'll do.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmx
    the s2000 is built base on light weight, the turbo will give out so much torque that will destroy the current tranmission they are using, so they'll have to built stroner one but will cause change in the car balance, reworks on the driveshaft system too, then it'll become expensive again. i think it would take some work, but interesting to see what they'll do.
    I agree, thus this turbo thingye should be forgotten ! Just go for S2000 and that's it !

They are already nice to see (and hear !) now, you figure in 2-3 years of development ... surely not WRC level of nowadays, but who cares ? They go on rails, so I prefer little bit slower, but good sounds and a lot of sideways action
    And of course let's not forget how many manu will enter ! FIAT, Skoda/WV, Peugeot, Toyota, MG, and many more hopefully...

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    I think this will become quite interesting. Cheaper cars, more manufacters, more factory drivers, close competition and more general interest around the championship. This regulation must sincerly result in a positive outcome for the WRC?
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmx
    then it'll become expensive again.
    I would not call the current 300k€ price for finished S2000 cheap either.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennizw
    I think this will become quite interesting. Cheaper cars, more manufacters, more factory drivers, close competition and more general interest around the championship. This regulation must sincerly result in a positive outcome for the WRC?
    Well that's the theory, I hope we're all not going to be disappointed? Surely the FIA have consulted with current and would be Manufacturers.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Surely the FIA have consulted with current and would be Manufacturers.
    Yes they have.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.