Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 407 Times in 272 Posts

FIA meeting 26/03/2008

With immediate effect, the restriction on parts will be eased for new manufacturers in their first year of entering the Championship. A new manufacturer may ask the FIA for a waiver to use two additional engines without penalty, and a change of parts, as described in the Sporting Regulations.
    The new technical regulations for the future World Rally Car will become effective from 2011. The WRC Car will be based on the current Super 2000 and Group N cars, fitted with a supplementary kit, which includes turbo and rear-wing additions. The kit must be able to be fitted or removed within a defined time limit, to be determined.
    The current World Rally Car regulations will be extended to include the 2010 World Rally Championship, subject to technical controls. The new World Rally Car will be permitted to compete from 2009 and score points in the Championship from 2010.
    The Japanese and British rounds of the 2008 FIA World Rally Championship will now take place on 31 October to 2 November (Japan Rally) and 5 to 7 December (Wales Rally GB).
    From 1 January 2009, winning co-drivers in the FIA Junior and Production Car World Rally Championships will be awarded a world title.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwbroe
    With immediate effect, the restriction on parts will be eased for new manufacturers in their first year of entering the Championship. A new manufacturer may ask the FIA for a waiver to use two additional engines without penalty, and a change of parts, as described in the Sporting Regulations.
    For Suzuki
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwbroe
    The new World Rally Car will be permitted to compete from 2009 and score points in the Championship from 2010.
    Are we going to see the return of Fiat and Alen to WRC?
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    I wasn't in favour of adding a turbo to S2000 as that is most of the appeal but we will have to see what happens I guess, presumable the engines won't be too different to what they have at the moment?
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Since it should be FIA controlled turbo kit under special homologation fitted with controlled regulation I'm sure it will be very different to what we know from WRC. It was said it should be only a small turbo to boost the lower rpm torque which I think is possible without huge lowering rpm and therefore noise.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It would me much simplier to ban the electronics from the existing wrc cars, but let's hope the new regulations will bring some new manufacturer!
    R.I.P. Richard

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So this means that the compression ratio in the engine won't be changed after adding the turbo? It's a bit strange to have this concept, I mean, adding a turbo is not just a turbo, but intercooler, different ECU mapping, exhaust, intake pipes would be different, what about air intake restrictor. I know, they should run the turbos with a blowoff valve which makes that pssshhh noise,

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Yes, usualy it is very complicated. We must wait how it will work...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]Since it should be FIA controlled turbo kit under special homologation fitted with controlled regulation I'm sure it will be very different to what we know from WRC. It was said it should be only a small turbo to boost the lower rpm torque which I think is possible without huge lowering rpm and therefore noise.
    I hope you're right Mirek
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    IMO this was the best solution to keep the current manufacturers and to attract new ones. My only concern is that FIA should come up with such turbo that allow higher revs and thereby nicer sound that the N-group and WRC cars produce nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by N
    So this means that the compression ratio in the engine won't be changed after adding the turbo? It's a bit strange to have this concept, I mean, adding a turbo is not just a turbo, but intercooler, different ECU mapping, exhaust, intake pipes would be different, what about air intake restrictor. I know, they should run the turbos with a blowoff valve which makes that pssshhh noise,
    The maximum compression ratio for S2000 is 13:1 and I’m sure that they have to lower the compression ratio with a turbo. I think a N-group car uses compression ratios between 9:1 – 10:1 and WRC cars +10:1.

Quote Originally Posted by teufel
    It would me much simplier to ban the electronics from the existing wrc cars, but let's hope the new regulations will bring some new manufacturer!
    ” The current World Rally Car regulations will be extended to include the 2010 World Rally Championship, subject to technical controls. The new World Rally Car will be permitted to compete from 2009 and score points in the Championship from 2010.”

From 2010 the old and new WRC cars compete in the same championship, so I think they have to downsize the current WRC cars from what they are now.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa