Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I agree. If Raikkonen leaves, then maybe it should be considered, but not at present.

that's the only scenario I see possible
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    From Eurosport: [Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has said he does not want to sign double world champion Fernando Alonso to the Formula One team, believing such a move would be "damaging".] full article here: http://eurosport.yahoo.com/22042008/...-damaging.html

Well he said it and it looks like alonso's wish to join Ferrari may face some hurdles, especially when the top man doesn't think it is a good idea.

He had an interesting comment about "wanting teammates that work together" which seems to insinuate that FA may have earned a slightly negative reputation as "difficult to work with" which isn't helping his cause.

thoughts?

That was an interesting read. Not sure what to think about them claiming Alonso doesn't have the escape clause because I read another article last night suggesting otherwise...

I do agree that a Kimi/Alonso pairing wouldn't be good for Ferrari, but not for the reasons implied in this thread. I think both Kimi and Alonso would get on respectably together, Kimi already has to share the spotlight and attention from time to time thanks to MS, plus part of me thinks he excell when he isn't the center of all the attention. Alonso I think would work really hard to avoid the same kind of press he received last year.

I think the major problem would be that they would probably require significantly different cars to run at their best. I think Alonso's problems early last year came from not being adjusted to the Macs, and the car not doing what he asked it to do, more then any pressure from LH.
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    I'm glad to hear Montezemolo say it. When you have a Raikkonen you don't need an Alonso. Massa is a perfect foil for Raikkonen. Fast enough to keep the Finn honest and capable of winning races in his own right. Ferrari would be mad to mess with a successful team setup.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    I agree, but BMW would have perhaps have someone leading the WDC AND winning races, if only.....but they are happy being "solid"
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    BMW's a different story. Though I'd hate to see RK or NH leave, FA to BMW might make a bit of sense. I'm just glad he doesn't seem headed to Fer. any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    I agree, but BMW would have perhaps have someone leading the WDC AND winning races, if only.....but they are happy being "solid"

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    I'm glad to hear Montezemolo say it. When you have a Raikkonen you don't need an Alonso. Massa is a perfect foil for Raikkonen. Fast enough to keep the Finn honest and capable of winning races in his own right. Ferrari would be mad to mess with a successful team setup.

I couldn't agree more.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    The way I see it, Ferrari have two very good drivers. With Kimi and Massa as their drivers, Ferrari will win or lose races and or championships on the car's merits. If the car is good at any track and doesn't break down, then they will win.
    Changing this driver combination will not increase their chances of winning.

So we can even look beyond Fernando, and just look at the current drivers and see the logic of retaining the current team.

Sorry to post this in a hurry - I just read Hawkmoon's post and say I agree with him with my post.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe what Luca meant was that because teams sometimes get "innovative and creative" in their interpretation of rules and technical specifications, he doesn't need a driver that would threaten to rat him out to the FIA when the driver is a little unhappy. Put simply, he may not trust him.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ferrari do have 2 very good drivers. 2 very good drivers who are not whiners....

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSfan
    That was an interesting read. Not sure what to think about them claiming Alonso doesn't have the escape clause because I read another article last night suggesting otherwise...

I do agree that a Kimi/Alonso pairing wouldn't be good for Ferrari, but not for the reasons implied in this thread. I think both Kimi and Alonso would get on respectably together, Kimi already has to share the spotlight and attention from time to time thanks to MS, plus part of me thinks he excell when he isn't the center of all the attention. Alonso I think would work really hard to avoid the same kind of press he received last year.

I think the major problem would be that they would probably require significantly different cars to run at their best. I think Alonso's problems early last year came from not being adjusted to the Macs, and the car not doing what he asked it to do, more then any pressure from LH.
    All excellent points, although I would argue that the Mac's last year were providing him race wins from the start, so whatever adjustments he didn't receive didn't affect his ability to win. Especially early last year winning in Malaysia and Monaco as well as coming in 2nd in Australia, and 3rd in Spain.
    you can't argue with results.