Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My sentiments entirely robinho, had they not come on this forum with all the promises it wouldn't have seemed so bad. Far better to remain quiet until DEFINATELY ready to go, then come out and surprise everyone. Had tdb come on and said that they "hoped to be out at brands etc" people would surely have been a lot kinder about the team (look at the support rick kerry gets on here) but by saying they would "definately be out" just makes the team seem like they don't know what they are doing, which is a shame because as i've said before they are a decent outfit in other series.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PDS
    Just because Xero have missed Brands Hatch.. Don't write them off!
    If they came out with an un-tested car and ran at the back of the field, people here would take the piss out of them for that too!
    I agree, it's better they get their car sorted in testing but I really hope they race soon.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Firstly, neither "the Team" or myself, promised any of you anything!!!!!

Secondly, things I post on here are my personal opinions and observations Not Team Statements!

To provide you with information is my choice.

We had an ECU failure and this has prevented us testing the final parts of the car, everything else is still in place.

To be honest, I am not really bothered by the opinions of a few people who have NO idea of what really goes on.

so judge away, make all the uneducated assumptions you wish!

Enjoy!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From the confirmed thread

Quote Originally Posted by tdb
    Let me assure you absolutely that Xero competition will be at Brands Racing lexus in the BTCC!
    Don't get me wrong tdb, I'm not against you or Xero, but we went through this same process with you last year, you can't blame people being sceptical now..

I just have one question, Nick Adcock seems to have made an educated assumption, what do you make of his comments on his website

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really think we should cut Xero some slack here. Even if they had definitely confirmed (which I dont think they did) they could still have encountered circumstances betond their control. As an example, two weeks ago I confirmed a trip to America in the autumn with my band. It was definite. Today, I'm having to cancel because something has come up, outside of my control. Was I wrong to confirm or say it was definite? Of course not. But such is life.

Good luck to Xero I say. Thanks for replying, tdb. If people really had read your posts they would know that by your own admission you are working long hours and dont really have time to post. Working long hours so that you can compete in the BTCC I might add!

The only saying that you cant please all the people all of the time seems to apply here...

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdb
    Firstly, neither "the Team" or myself, promised any of you anything!!!!!

Secondly, things I post on here are my personal opinions and observations Not Team Statements!

To provide you with information is my choice.

We had an ECU failure and this has prevented us testing the final parts of the car, everything else is still in place.

To be honest, I am not really bothered by the opinions of a few people who have NO idea of what really goes on.

so judge away, make all the uneducated assumptions you wish!

Enjoy!
    Thanks for the update. like i said i wish you all the best, but personal opinions or not, most people took what you said about definately being at Brands as a statement. i have nothing personally against you or the team and hope everything can be sorted in time for Rockingham.

perhaps, barring unforeseen events, everything is in place and you hope to definately be there? watch this space

i for one appreciate you taking time to talk to fans of the sport and provide an insiders view, some will always seek to knock people, and i think in this case you maybe provided them with a little ammo, maybe you can knock them back again by getting out there soon.

its true most of us have very little idea what is actually going on, therefore what info that does come from a reputable source (ie. a team member) will be latched upon and form most of any assumptions made.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    Thanks for the update. like i said i wish you all the best, but personal opinions or not, most people took what you said about definately being at Brands as a statement. i have nothing personally against you or the team and hope everything can be sorted in time for Rockingham.

perhaps, barring unforeseen events, everything is in place and you hope to definately be there? watch this space

i for one appreciate you taking time to talk to fans of the sport and provide an insiders view, some will always seek to knock people, and i think in this case you maybe provided them with a little ammo, maybe you can knock them back again by getting out there soon.

its true most of us have very little idea what is actually going on, therefore what info that does come from a reputable source (ie. a team member) will be latched upon and form most of any assumptions made.
    What he said really, thanks for coming on here, it really is appreciated

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There are two meetings at brands this year as well...
    Drivers’01,’02,’03,’04,’07,’08
    Manufacturers’01,’02,’03,’04,’05,’07,’08 Teams’01,’02,’03,’04,’08.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    They're not going to be at Rockingham either, so that's 1/5 of the season missed already.

" I assure you Xero will be racing in the BTCC this year and from the first round! And you can quote me on that!!"

Just have........couldn't find any sign of the Xero Lexus on any of the Brands timing sheets..

"No. Team Air Cool are no more.
    I beleive Mr Jones is looking elsewhere for a drive."

Oh, and on Mr Jones, there was this funny comment I found from the 25 January 2008!
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Red face

Why bother Alfa Fan, does it really make you feel that good by KEEP stirring things up,....
    Silence is Golden!......JP in a TD...CHAMPION!!!