Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd
    Another problem with modern road cars is the emergency braking assistance part of the anti lock brake system. This assumes normal right foot braking an measures the time taken between lifting the throttle and applying the brakes. If the time is less than a set value it assumes you're making an emergency stop and applies maximum brakes whatever the pedal pressure. Left foot braking with these cars can make the brake computer think you want to make an emergency stop - hence face on windscreen!
    Good point.. hadnt thought about that. I've always owned older cars that dont have the emergency braking assist.. doubt Id ever want a car that had that.

Nenukknak, with Rwd (and plate type LSD), left foot braking should only ever be used as a reaction time/foot movement time saver, the pedals should not be applied simultaniously unless you really want to lock the diff and spin as I quickly learned..
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Modern electronics in cars can be quite irritating. My VW GTi won't let you use both the brake and the accellerator when left foot braking. Once the brake goes on, the computer assumes that you want the accellerator off.
    Richard Miller
    Sachse, Texas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    NIce bit of video from the past with some good foot action shown in the early part. Just a nice vid anyway from Group B days.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWqWp...eature=related
    RallyShotz NZ rallyshotz-nz.freehostia.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xeroid
    NIce bit of video from the past with some good foot action shown in the early part. Just a nice vid anyway from Group B days.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWqWp...eature=related
    Another mis leading video but entertaining.notice how Walter Rohl moves his left foot away from brake pedal back to left.Now he looses the most advantage of lfb.Rreaction time.
    leftfootbraking.com
    brake to steer
    where there is a shark, there is a finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nenukknak
    But you do also use LFB to steer in 4wd (and RWD) as well, not just because reactiontime is quicker?

And how do you use the brake and throttle then? Do you keep the pressure constant on either one or the other, or do you alternate pressure on both brake and throttle as is needed?
    Good point. You use brakes in 4wd to move weight transfer.More weight in front, less in back.So yuo can kill understeer.But you can do same with right foot.It is just with lfb your reaction time is much quicker.It is very seldom that you use brakes and throttle same time(unlike in fwd)in 4wd.
    leftfootbraking.com
    brake to steer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM
    Modern electronics in cars can be quite irritating. My VW GTi won't let you use both the brake and the accellerator when left foot braking. Once the brake goes on, the computer assumes that you want the accellerator off.
    Stay away in any VW group cars(VW,Skoda,Seat and Audi).If you brake and throttle same time computer thinks you have stuck throttle!
    leftfootbraking.com
    brake to steer

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I would have thought not having boring/characterless cars was good enough reason to stay away from VAG group just on it's own.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pentti
    Good point. You use brakes in 4wd to move weight transfer.More weight in front, less in back.So yuo can kill understeer.But you can do same with right foot.It is just with lfb your reaction time is much quicker.It is very seldom that you use brakes and throttle same time(unlike in fwd)in 4wd.
    I read the same thing from Richard Burns Rally School (part of the game).
    Now I know who he learned that from