Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts

Was Kimi Baited?

Did Heikki intentionally go deep to bait Kimi into going too deep & off? It looked that way to me.

Last year Lewis got alot of heat on this forum when he said "I made him (Massa) make a mistake." Was Heikki toying with Kimi in the same way?

Just wondering how the rest of you saw this.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Looked to me that Kimi just went in too fast.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear
    Did Heikki intentionally go deep to bait Kimi into going too deep & off? It looked that way to me.

Last year Lewis got alot of heat on this forum when he said "I made him (Massa) make a mistake." Was Heikki toying with Kimi in the same way?

Just wondering how the rest of you saw this.
    Brain fade from Kimi, he must have forgot there is a turn coming up.

As for the "made him make a mistake", that's just bull... , if he outbrakes himself it's because he fukced up not because anything else, given that driver is the only one controlling the brakes, not Heiki nor Lewy.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Kimi's line and entry speed were more than optimistic into that corner, add to that he didn't really need to overtake Heikki as he needed to pit anyway, silly mistake that almost cost him the race there.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Isn't it the duty of every driver out there to force other drivers into making a mistake? Provided there was no contact at all, and no deliberate blocking then this is like a very small disturbance in a teacup.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think he just goofed. But if he was 'baited' then he really goofed. Trying to sucker or force another driver into an error is racing, plain and simple. Heck, that is how most passes occur!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    No way did Kovalainen do anything deliberately there.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Looked clean and professional to me; OTOH, Kimi might have stayed on track had HK been as dumb as DC and collected second (till the engine went) ........of course they would still be gluing parts of K's car back together....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Isn't it the duty of every driver out there to force other drivers into making a mistake? Provided there was no contact at all, and no deliberate blocking then this is like a very small disturbance in a teacup.
    I don't think a driver has to force another into a mistake. A Ferrari just needs to steer around a Super Aguri, no mistakes required. It just looked like HK & KR both went deep and HK was able to hold it. Maybe HK sensed that Kimi was getting desperate, and saw that Kimi's tyres were worn. So maybe he went in extra deep, hoping Kimi would follow & lose it.

I didn't mean "baited" in a negative way. But reading thru the responeses I've gotten in this thread, seems I am making something out of nothing

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I don't think a driver has to force another into a mistake. A Ferrari just needs to steer around a Super Aguri, no mistakes required. It just looked like HK & KR both went deep and HK was able to hold it. Maybe HK sensed that Kimi was getting desperate, and saw that Kimi's tyres were worn. So maybe he went in extra deep, hoping Kimi would follow & lose it.

I didn't mean "baited" in a negative way. But reading thru the responeses I've gotten in this thread, seems I am making something out of nothing
    Interesting enough you got 666 posts at this moment!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro