Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #27 shuts down

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And now Slugger walks away:

__________________________________________________ _______________
    Labbe leaves No. 27 BDR race team

TSN.ca Staff
    3/18/2008 8:59:36 AM

Labbe has parted ways with the NASCAR team after BDR parked the No. 27 car last weekend in Bristol due to a lack of sponsorship.

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_s...me=auto_racing
    __________________________________________________ _______________

And just to touch base with the current qualifying discussion, I've been meaning to ask, had Daytona's qualifying been base on the speed runs for pole, and not the twin duels (Apologies if I don't have the nascar jargen down, haven't had alot of interest since the early 90s) where how would the #27 had done if it was conventional nascar qualifying?

I also think its retarded the fastest dodge in the daytona qualifying (not the duels... I bring that up because a dodge won the daytona) missed the race thanks to the duels, and as a result missed the following race thanks to the rain, and as a result had a snowballs chance in a very warm place of making top 35 after 5 races, especially after a 2nd race's qualifying was washed out due to rain.
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    So you mean that a guy can win over 10 CUP races or be a previous CUP champion
    but have engine failure on his qualifying lap & he has to go home ???
    Yeah. Tough but that's how it should be. It sure beats the F1 boys club system...
    If its got breasts or an engine, its gonna cost you...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

no provisionals = crazy concept !!!

I expect to see ALL of the big names on the track !

Just because a driver blows a tire or loses an engine in qualifying ...
    is NOT an acceptable reason for me to not to get to see them compete !

I want ALL of the best drivers ON the track racing !!!

I repeat : PROVISIONALS ARE NEEDED !!!
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    I expect to see ALL of the big names on the track !

Just because a driver blows a tire or loses an engine in qualifying ...
    is NOT an acceptable reason for me to not to get to see them compete !

I want ALL of the best drivers ON the track racing !!!

I repeat : PROVISIONALS ARE NEEDED !!!
    I agree. Big difference in priorities between being a trackowner, teamowner, big-buck sponsor, and an internet poster.

If NASCAR were to go to a one-shot-only-to-qualify-pass-or-fail without any other way to make the field, they would be the ONLY, and I repeat ONLY, professional racing series to have this kind of system. Yet, I NEVER read any beotching about provisionals/guaranteed starting spots/multiple qualifying attempts for other racing series.

I guess after a while you have to get used to the "everything NASCAR is doing is bad" attitude.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well, I am one that likes the current system as is, no changes period. I feel sorry for Bill Davis Racing and hate to see the little guys shut down, but something went wrong somewhere along the line with his team.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    Well, I am one that likes the current system as is, no changes period. I feel sorry for Bill Davis Racing and hate to see the little guys shut down, but something went wrong somewhere along the line with his team.

I agree. In a series where 50 cars turn up for 43 spots each week someones gonna go home. Im glad we have a system where teams can turn up and at least try to get in, you wont see that anywhere else.

Bill Davis Trucking/ Racing Bankruptcy

Bill Davis Trucking was not forced into Bankruptcy. He filed for Bankruptcy to get out of paying the Hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills he owes, due to a Severe Injury accident causing massive and multiple injuries back in April of 2006.

This California has suffered greatly, not to mention permanently disabled from the injuries and in Bankruptcy themselves.This is not a frivolous lawsuit....

Bill Davis was not forced into Bankruptcy, he in fact is hiding behind the law. Bill Davis PR states that Bill Davis Trucking and Bill Davis racing are two separate entities when in fact they are NOT, he has transferred monies (in the seven digits) between each company to avoid paying his dues.

He is willing to put all his employees out of work so he can worm his way out of paying his bills........ the legal system is so unjust

This man has no ethics or conscious