Page 196 of 1270 FirstFirst ... 961461861941951961971982062462966961196 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 12691

Thread: WRC Testing

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

Liked 25 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sete
    yes Ostberg and Novikov are not members of factory team but theirs cars are litlle bit closer to the factory cars then Prokop car.
    OK. So now we have 'factory cars', 'factory privateer cars', 'privateer privateer cars'?
    http://www.ALMrally.ru All about rally in Russian

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sete
    yes Ostberg and Novikov are not members of factory team but theirs cars are litlle bit closer to the factory cars then Prokop car.
    Only M-Sport knows exactly what is same, what is different, how it differs and why. I think that turning discussion into that way is pointless. I don't think You have relevant information to judge the level of Prokop's car compared to Novikov's one. What we know is that while Novikov's one is run by M-Sport the one of Prokop is run by his own team but that doesn't automatically mean Novikov's one is better.

But of course if You know exact reasons why Novikov's one is better I would welcome such information.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    Funds - is the fundamental one.
    The more you have/give the more you get.
    No finance = No romance!
    More money more honey etc....

It's not a space science.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    It actually is a space science. Or do You think You will get the best if You now come to M-Sport and say I have won a million Euro, give me the best You have? How do You know what is the best? To know what You spend Your money on is very important part of the game.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    You probably measure things which are unmeasurable. Prokop deserves respect for the results achieved this year in WRC car, yes Ostberg and Novikov have much better results this year, but I don't think the little differences in the cars counts that much as the experience in WRC car and events participated. I also think that these differences suite ones better than others (if they are small of course).
    But I'm also curious what are these so big defining things in different between their cars This must be some inside information.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
    Sorry for the OT... 99% of people always think that competetive package = latest parts for the car. It's not the case, it's very far from it. The differences between works and privateer can exist on every area and every level of the complete package.

Few things that are defining the overall performance are for example testing time, support, data available, data analysis tools, sensors & other gear etc, car maintenance standards (complete rebuild whenever possible for all parts vs. minimum maintenance to maintain reliability). Big part is the skill level and experience of the engineers. It's totally different story to set up a car that you have designed. Manufacturer teams will always have the best guys working for them with top priority and that really makes some difference.

Some of these things you can buy with money but many not. If all the cars in WRC would have "lastest spec" parts all the time factory cars would still be the fastest in the long run.

Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vkangas
    ... Few things that are defining the overall performance are for example testing time, support, data available, data analysis tools, sensors & other gear etc, car maintenance standards (complete rebuild whenever possible for all parts vs. minimum maintenance to maintain reliability). Big part is the skill level and experience of the engineers... Some of these things you can buy with money but many not.
    ... except money, what else can buy all the things listed.

Liked 81 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Only M-Sport knows exactly what is same, what is different, how it differs and why. I think that turning discussion into that way is pointless. I don't think You have relevant information to judge the level of Prokop's car compared to Novikov's one. What we know is that while Novikov's one is run by M-Sport the one of Prokop is run by his own team but that doesn't automatically mean Novikov's one is better.

But of course if You know exact reasons why Novikov's one is better I would welcome such information.
    no i didnt have any info about differences of theirs cars,it was only my rumours.but i dont that Prokop is so bad driver as others say.

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    As Mirek told-this conversation is pointless. There are differences between factory cars compare to non-factory cars, but they are never so huge as the driving skills between factory drivers against pure privat drivers.
    No one will ever convince me that for example Latvala would be slower than Prokop in JML's car and JML in Prokop's car. And I'm not saying, that Prokop is a bad driver, far from that...I respect every private driver in WRC as in IRC....But the amount of testing gives factory drivers the biggest advantage, small technical details to which only factory teams have access to are yust a cream on the strawberry cake. IMHO it is also a big question, if a private driver would be at first any faster with these small changes to his car if he would not do extensive testing and/or adjust his driving style.