Page 133 of 1269 FirstFirst ... 33831231311321331341351431832336331133 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 12690

Thread: WRC Testing

Liked 36 Times in 13 Posts
    In the first tests, the Mini was very good in the jumps... And remember that in Finland the jumps aren't like in other places.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vkangas
    Landing after jumps definately looking not so good, but driving style has also an enormous effect on that so can't fully blame car for that.
    +1 i dont see it ok too.Car seems to change direction after the landing due to less suspension stroke?Definetely its not so good like the ds3/fiesta landings.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    I don't quite understand you all... What's the problem in Mini's jumping? Both crests were bit special, they had a shape which throws the car. Yes, it lifts the front a little bit but what's the problem with that? Latest Focus did exactly the same and it was the fastest car in Finland. The smoothness of the landing was very good, especially on that corner jump where they flew sideways. It came down in a very predictable way every single time and nothing uncertain in it, always glued immediately to the road and continued.
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 110 Times in 38 Posts
    Suspension travel was once a big thing , now damper control has taken over , the more accurate you can control the damper the better .

Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juha_Koo
    I don't quite understand you all... What's the problem in Mini's jumping? Both crests were bit special, they had a shape which throws the car. Yes, it lifts the front a little bit but what's the problem with that? Latest Focus did exactly the same and it was the fastest car in Finland. The smoothness of the landing was very good, especially on that corner jump where they flew sideways. It came down in a very predictable way every single time 2and nothing uncertain in it, always glued immediately to the road and continued.
    I`ll have to agree with the others, seems as like the car is seeking a bit after the landings also on one video where there was a small bump in the road in a corner there was clear chassis movement that`s definately disturbing IMO and the landings are fine if we were 10-15years back in time. Now compared to the DS3 and Fiesta they seem to be landing like a cat whereas the Mini "crashes" down but mainting driveability however which at the end of the day is the most important thing.
    We`ll better not to judge anything before finally seeing them live in a couple of weeks. Report back than...

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juha_Koo
    I don't quite understand you all... What's the problem in Mini's jumping? Both crests were bit special, they had a shape which throws the car. Yes, it lifts the front a little bit but what's the problem with that? Latest Focus did exactly the same and it was the fastest car in Finland. The smoothness of the landing was very good, especially on that corner jump where they flew sideways. It came down in a very predictable way every single time and nothing uncertain in it, always glued immediately to the road and continued.
    Juha, +100. Remember this -"the car is too ugly to be competitive", "the car is too tall", "suspension travel is too short", "Prodrive made a mess with the Subaru so same will happen with Mini" yada, yada, yada....
    The cars is good, the team is good and the drivers are good.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noel157
    Juha, +100. Remember this -"the car is too ugly to be competitive", "the car is too tall", "suspension travel is too short", "Prodrive made a mess with the Subaru so same will happen with Mini" yada, yada, yada....
    The cars is good, the team is good and the drivers are good.
    +1
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    +1
    +2
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But just relaying to expectations I was expecting very nervous car on the jumps and crests. I wasn't expecting some DS3/Fiesta killer but a car that could manage to lose maybe only 0.5 sec/km to Ford/Citroen. I was also at the test and gotta say that the 0,5sec/km difference to top teams isn't impossible. The car really looks stable. It doesn't have same kind of range on suspension like DS3/Fiesta but it's surprisingly good. The engine is lacking also some power to top teams also but the weather in the test was wet and heavy so the difference is hard to judge.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    Look again,its totaly different.
    You're right!