Page 603 of 1270 FirstFirst ... 1035035535936016026036046056136537031103 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,030 of 12694

Thread: WRC Testing

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    In this video Michel Nandan says that there will be more freedom for the front kinematic points. It will be interesting to see what kind of solutions the teams come up with.

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/media/vide...112--80--.html

Feature: Click twice
    WRC 2016: Tech special - World rally cars 2017
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 16,097 Times in 6,986 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post

Correct me if I am wrong but in my point of view this means that for 2017 WRC cars it's allowed to have specific gravel and asphalt bodyshell or maybe the difference is not that big and can be accommodate in one bodyshell.?
    you can have small difference without different body. ie different towers at top mounts,different front subframe/hubs/ shocks etc.

By the way what could be the reason? To reduce diving under brakes, enhance brake cooling and reduce forces in steering?
    Mirek I cant know which is better,maybe each car/design needs different ''solutions'' to work best at gravel/asphalt.
    ie fiesta r5 vs fabia r5 have different shock designs at front /rear.
    Can we say that the fabia or the fiesta is better at gravel/asphalt because of the backwards/front slope of the shocks? imho NOT.
    For sure the forward design allows more travel,but.....at fabia we haven't see to have any problem at gravel,even at Finland with the huge jumps,or the very rough gravel surfaces.Same with ds3 wrc at Finland with Meeke.
    There is no ''rule'' at suspension designs, each design have its ''needs'' to perform at its best.
    maybe citroen introduce a solution with no compromises with these 2 different versions of suspension kinematics.
    For sure it is very interesting to watch/follow the results.

Liked 12,215 Times in 5,245 Posts
    pantealex is m-sport camp still in finland? Got some info that Ogier may test in Wales with M-sport on thursday and friday. Not 100% sure it is true
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    pantealex is m-sport camp still in finland? Got some info that Ogier may test in Wales with M-sport on thursday and friday. Not 100% sure it is true
    I'm quite sure M-Sport never were in Finland. False alarm. At least nothing to prove otherwise.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

5. Likes: Andre Oliveira (22nd November 2016),dimviii (22nd November 2016),EstWRC (22nd November 2016)
    Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    OK, Ogier testing in GB instead. For me that looks quite close to a deal with MSport.

If so, then JML to Toyota in 3rd car(?) and AM in Even-management Polo 2016, later on Polo 2017 if that´s allowed? But hey. Only my speculation. I was wrong before.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 87 Times in 43 Posts
    Ogier will have to question reliability of msport cars surely, especially after there recent test

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyoda View Post
    Ogier will have to question reliability of msport cars surely, especially after there recent test
    It's not as if Polo ran smooth through all the testing. Everyone have had issues.

Per, Polo 2017 will not happen. It need a manufacturer entry to pass the homologation. That will not happen.

If both Lappi and Latvala end up with Toyota which now looks highly likely, Latvala for sure will be the lead driver.

Does anyone know where Citroen is at the moment? Any news when Ogier will sort that beast?
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

9. Likes: A FONDO (23rd November 2016),cali (23rd November 2016)
    Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    And Mikkelsen?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T560 met Tapatalk
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 56 Times in 30 Posts
    Correct me if I am wrong but in my point of view this means that for 2017 WRC cars it's allowed to have specific gravel and asphalt bodyshell or maybe the difference is not that big and can be accommodate in one bodyshell.
    I think only one body shell but with two ways to plug the suspension
    http://wrc.is.free.fr

12. Likes: Mirek (23rd November 2016)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Ogier in Wales probably true.

There was eye witness who saw M-Sport with red carpets, but few hours later couple of rally fans did´t find any tracks on the road. Nobody in Jämsä city have seen M-Sport trucks.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"