Page 606 of 1269 FirstFirst ... 1065065565966046056066076086166567061106 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,060 of 12690

Thread: WRC Testing

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gorganl2000 View Post
    and i don't think Toyota has to offer him such a high amount either, as their main competitor seems to be ford which may not have that kind of funding, but who knows if ford may find some extra sponsorship just for this endeavor?!?!
    Toyota's only advantage would be to offer him more money. Their car won't be as fast at the beginning (You don't have to be genius to realize that), so the balance on the scales would be just that.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

2. Likes: A FONDO (24th November 2016),andyone (24th November 2016),pantealex (24th November 2016)
    Liked 133 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Toyota's only advantage would be to offer him more money. Their car won't be as fast at the beginning (You don't have to be genius to realize that), so the balance on the scales would be just that.
    i do understand what you are saying, but its looking more like a toyota vs ford race for Ogier, as it seems Hyundai and Citroen are becoming smaller to non-existent chances by the day. With that in mind, no ones knows what Ford is offering money wise and toyota just throwing what they consider a reasonable to large sum of money may still not sway Ogier who is looking to optimise his WRC driver's title chances (the best car he can get at the best salary to give him the best chances of retaining WRC driver's title). with redbull and other business associates/sponsors, he possibly has enough of an income where money although important, is not necessarily at the top of the priority list regarding car selection.

4. Likes: spark13 (25th November 2016),WRC1 (24th November 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorganl2000 View Post
    i do understand what you are saying, but its looking more like a toyota vs ford race for Ogier, as it seems Hyundai and Citroen are becoming smaller to non-existent chances by the day. With that in mind, no ones knows what Ford is offering money wise and toyota just throwing what they consider a reasonable to large sum of money may still not sway Ogier who is looking to optimise his WRC driver's title chances (the best car he can get at the best salary to give him the best chances of retaining WRC driver's title). with redbull and other business associates/sponsors, he possibly has enough of an income where money although important, is not necessarily at the top of the priority list regarding car selection.
    Well yeah, Hyundais are full and Citroen might never be on the table for Ogier, who knows. But in the race between M-Sport and TMR we don't know who would be the winner. M-Sport would hardly can offer him much money in the current situation, without Ford Motor Co. backup, or strong sponsorship (Red Bull). But their car for sure can be amongst the winners. Toyota is more complicated, how far behind they are, and how fast they can step into? If there is a driver who can tell the difference, the Frenchman is the one. It'll be interesting year for sure, no matter of his choice.

6. Likes: gorganl2000 (24th November 2016),pantealex (24th November 2016),WRC1 (24th November 2016)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Would be a perfect challenge for Ogier to go with Toyota.
    Almost like Rossi going with Yamaha a few years back!

looks like real understeer on wet asphalt.
    guess he also want to take it for a spin on gravel as well!
    more like Rossi moving to ducati a few years back.

8. Likes: pantealex (24th November 2016),Rally Power (24th November 2016),smsgrafica (24th November 2016),Sulland (24th November 2016)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    It is him.
    I have heard a lot of people who refer to third party sources but as of yet, no pictures and no credible names. Like RallyPower said in another thread: The story about Ogier complaining about suspension smells bullshit loooong way. Ogier is a professional so I can't imagine a reporter going up to him like:
    "Excuse me mr Ogier, what do you think of the car?"
    "Well, ze zuspension is nout sou good, I mush prefer ze VolksWagen"

He'd form an opinion, sure but he wouldn't disclose it to each and every person he met. That just doesn't make any sense. Unless said journalist had some spy drone it smells BS long way.

10. Likes: AL14 (24th November 2016),andyone (24th November 2016),Kalm (24th November 2016),OldF (24th November 2016),OnlyRally (24th November 2016),Rallyper (24th November 2016)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    I have heard a lot of people who refer to third party sources but as of yet, no pictures and no credible names. Like RallyPower said in another thread: The story about Ogier complaining about suspension smells bullshit loooong way. Ogier is a professional so I can't imagine a reporter going up to him like:
    "Excuse me mr Ogier, what do you think of the car?"
    "Well, ze zuspension is nout sou good, I mush prefer ze VolksWagen"

He'd form an opinion, sure but he wouldn't disclose it to each and every person he met. That just doesn't make any sense. Unless said journalist had some spy drone it smells BS long way.
    lol
    I do think Ogier was actualli testing the car (even if not 100%) but regarding that suspension thing I agree with you.
    Loved the german accent

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    lol
    I do think Ogier was actualli testing the car (even if not 100%) but regarding that suspension thing I agree with you.
    Loved the german accent
    I am not saying it isn't him, just that it all smell a bit fishy... no pics or videos of him in or near the car or test team and everyone has heard it from somewhere else. He did leave Australia early so it is possible, just a bit... unconfirmed let's say.

Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    I am not saying it isn't him, just that it all smell a bit fishy... no pics or videos of him in or near the car or test team and everyone has heard it from somewhere else. He did leave Australia early so it is possible, just a bit... unconfirmed let's say.
    I'm apart from any "source" informations. My logic is more simple, if he drives like Ogier, then must be Ogier, even if like AL14 said it is not 100%, and it shouldn't for just first few kms in a completely new car.

14. Likes: pantealex (24th November 2016)
    Liked 153 Times in 85 Posts
    Viola ad oltranza...

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    I'm apart from any "source" informations. My logic is more simple, if he drives like Ogier, then must be Ogier, even if like AL14 said it is not 100%, and it shouldn't for just first few kms in a completely new car.
    Come on, You can't recognize the driver from a video of a car being driven on some road without at least seeing the particular driver on the same track before.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump