Page 1145 of 1162 FirstFirst ... 145645104510951135114311441145114611471155 ... LastLast
Results 11,441 to 11,450 of 11615

Thread: WRC Testing

  1. #11441
    Senior Member Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    22,041
    Like
    7,384
    Liked 10,426 Times in 4,159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    If registering a car in Germany is as tough as I am informed it is, that won't be some half-assed job - that will be a 2022 test car.
    Only a little note to this. I guess that Germany, like many other countries, has an exception for car manufacturers to use plates not registred to particular chassis numbers. Of course normal people can not do that but manufacturers usually have such plates registred only on a company name and used purely for testing purposes.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

  2. #11442
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    10,928
    Like
    4,901
    Liked 9,518 Times in 4,067 Posts
    Dirtfish will be following this weeks Hyundai rally1 test https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/geari...e-rally1-test/
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

  3. #11443
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    15,882
    Like
    3,030
    Liked 7,446 Times in 3,935 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Dirtfish will be following this weeks Hyundai rally1 test https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/geari...e-rally1-test/
    Surprising after being so quiet that Hyundai are now doing a 'full rally simulation' Rally1 test with Dirtfish there to report it.

    Maybe they are upset with M-Sport getting all the publicity with the Puma, Breen and Loeb...

  4. #11444
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    326
    Like
    59
    Liked 45 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Surprising after being so quiet that Hyundai are now doing a 'full rally simulation' Rally1 test with Dirtfish there to report it.

    Maybe they are upset with M-Sport getting all the publicity with the Puma, Breen and Loeb...
    Or maybe they were actually doing a lot of testing and not for the public to see.

  5. Likes: becher (30th October 2021),cali (27th October 2021),EstWRC (27th October 2021)
  6. #11445
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    7,921
    Like
    7,049
    Liked 8,403 Times in 3,698 Posts
    So experts on this forum say Hyundai is just running a mule which is "current car with new headlights", and Dirtfish says they're already doing a "full rally simulation"...well, DF story could also be just paid propaganda to assure audience that everything is fine, but I don't believe in that personally...

  7. Likes: becher (30th October 2021),cali (27th October 2021)
  8. #11446
    Senior Member Tom K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    298
    Like
    148
    Liked 234 Times in 112 Posts
    DirtFish it's not the only media invited for the "event".

  9. #11447
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    15,882
    Like
    3,030
    Liked 7,446 Times in 3,935 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Or maybe they were actually doing a lot of testing and not for the public to see.
    There's only so much testing you can do in a private facility. You need real roads pretty soon to find out more.

  10. #11448
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    15,882
    Like
    3,030
    Liked 7,446 Times in 3,935 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    So experts on this forum say Hyundai is just running a mule which is "current car with new headlights", and Dirtfish says they're already doing a "full rally simulation"...well, DF story could also be just paid propaganda to assure audience that everything is fine, but I don't believe in that personally...
    Adamo said the full new car will be ready late Oct / early Nov. But this clearly isnt it.

    You'd think they'd wait until that car test to invite the media.

  11. #11449
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    GB, Manchester
    Posts
    1,104
    Like
    336
    Liked 900 Times in 424 Posts
    lol.. yes, it's the end of Oct and Hyundai is testing with current car

    Maybe it is even the old Accent underneath the new body..

  12. Likes: AnttiL (27th October 2021),cali (27th October 2021),EstWRC (27th October 2021),lancia037 (28th October 2021),ouvreur (27th October 2021),pantealex (27th October 2021)
  13. #11450
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    69
    Like
    9
    Liked 82 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Adamo said the full new car will be ready late Oct / early Nov. But this clearly isnt it.

    You'd think they'd wait until that car test to invite the media.
    Without even looking at a calendar, I'm pretty confident it's late October...

    Y'know, it is possible (believe it or not) that, every now and again, public figures make slightly misleading statements about how far along their cars are in the development process...

  14. Likes: becher (30th October 2021),EstWRC (27th October 2021),pantealex (27th October 2021)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •