Page 903 of 956 FirstFirst ... 403803853893901902903904905913953 ... LastLast
Results 9,021 to 9,030 of 9552

Thread: WRC Testing

  1. #9021
    Senior Member Allez Andruet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    711
    Like
    745
    Liked 1,019 Times in 423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    And the number in the rear side window?
    Newsflash: there is no number on the side window.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

  2. Likes: AnttiL (17th October 2018),Micke_VOC (18th October 2018),pantealex (18th October 2018)
  3. #9022
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,129
    Like
    5
    Liked 681 Times in 374 Posts
    There weren`t "Panasonic" stickers on the front aero in 2017, nor was there such kind of aero in 2017, visible on this picture.

  4. #9023
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    264
    Like
    58
    Liked 163 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    The "number" has extremely similar shape to the rollcage (most of it). Also can you find a rally where Yaris had nr. 17 on and rolled? (and the rally was in autumn) Why would you put number on in testing?
    Yes after studying the picture I too think it is probably the roll cage visible through the window. Also, Toyota race numbers are orange, what looks like 17 is white or silver.

  5. Likes: AnttiL (17th October 2018),mknight (17th October 2018),pantealex (18th October 2018)
  6. #9024
    Senior Member racerx1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    757
    Like
    213
    Liked 591 Times in 291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    The official press kit had pictures of Meeke driving the Yaris with the All Live sticker on windscreen. I presume those were taken yesterday or some days before, which is also when the crash happened with the All Live sticker. In the crash the windscreen got broken, and was changed into a windscreen without All Live sticker, and this is the car Meeke drove today.

    I think the team has asked for the rally enthusiasts watching the test not to say anything about the crash, but the tractor driver hasn't heard of this and uploaded the picture casually to facebook or something, where someone has found it and put it circulating.
    LOL Toyota has become the Area 51 of rallying. Unless they only had like 3 guys watching the tests, I'm pretty sure more info would leak in the next few days if Kris really crashed the car. It would be difficult to prevent such news.

  7. #9025
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,196
    Like
    197
    Liked 1,314 Times in 726 Posts
    Mikkelsen rolled the I20 on the Portugal test in 2017 and no picture or vid ever came out, neither was there any confirmation from any of the parties involved.

    Here we have
    - picture of a rolled car where the stickers match those used on the test and the autumn leafs match those on other pictures from the test
    - pictures of a car with different windscreen and damaged roof afterwards
    - silence from Toyota and Meeke about the picture being "fake"

    So Occam's razor.... which explanation is more likely
    a) He rolled and they don't want any publicity around it
    b) Someone created a very good fake picture that fits + Toyota changed the stickers/windscreen from one day to next + Toyota for some reason damaged the roof of the car going into the next day
    https://tuomastoyryralli.kuvat.fi/ku...8/IMG_7706.JPG
    https://tuomastoyryralli.kuvat.fi/ku...8/IMG_7709.JPG

  8. #9026
    Objective observer stefanvv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wonderlamd
    Posts
    6,518
    Like
    1,488
    Liked 1,100 Times in 750 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Mikkelsen rolled the I20 on the Portugal test in 2017 and no picture or vid ever came out, neither was there any confirmation from any of the parties involved.

    Here we have
    - picture of a rolled car where the stickers match those used on the test and the autumn leafs match those on other pictures from the test
    - pictures of a car with different windscreen and damaged roof afterwards
    - silence from Toyota and Meeke about the picture being "fake"

    So Occam's razor.... which explanation is more likely
    a) He rolled and they don't want any publicity around it
    b) Someone created a very good fake picture that fits + Toyota changed the stickers/windscreen from one day to next + Toyota for some reason damaged the roof of the car going into the next day
    https://tuomastoyryralli.kuvat.fi/ku...8/IMG_7706.JPG
    https://tuomastoyryralli.kuvat.fi/ku...8/IMG_7709.JPG
    a)
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

  9. #9027
    Senior Member AL14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,651
    Like
    2,020
    Liked 2,208 Times in 916 Posts
    At the end of the day... who cares... And even if it's him, what's wrong with that? It can happen, especially to him who his crash prone. There's nothing special if you think about it.

  10. #9028
    Objective observer stefanvv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wonderlamd
    Posts
    6,518
    Like
    1,488
    Liked 1,100 Times in 750 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    At the end of the day... who cares... And even if it's him, what's wrong with that? It can happen, especially to him who his crash prone. There's nothing special if you think about it.
    There's nothing wrong about it, and hardly someone is surprised. The real question is "why Toyota is trying to hide it?". They surely know his crashing abilities, so why did they even engaged him, be it even for 1 year?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

  11. #9029
    Senior Member Sulland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    4,762
    Like
    563
    Liked 485 Times in 256 Posts
    I feel that if someone ca cool down Meeke, and make him perform till the finish lime, it is Tommi M. It looks like it is a relaxed atmosphere in the team.

    Meeke need some sauna and beer, and cool baths in cold Finish lakes!

  12. #9030
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,371
    Like
    2,992
    Liked 2,188 Times in 993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    The real question is "why Toyota is trying to hide it?".
    Honestly, the problem is not even Toyota supposedly trying to hide it (that’s a common and understandable procedure when these things happen), it’s more the way people in the social media are eagerly saying Amen to the fake photo allegation, promptly accusing those who do believe it’s not fake of being Meeke haters…
    Rally addict since 1982

  13. Likes: Allez Andruet (18th October 2018),Andre Oliveira (18th October 2018),AnttiL (18th October 2018),pantealex (18th October 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •