Page 1037 of 1037 FirstFirst ... 375379379871027103510361037
Results 10,361 to 10,369 of 10369

Thread: WRC Testing

  1. #10361
    Senior Member cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,758
    Like
    3,806
    Liked 740 Times in 312 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    What is a Toyota i20? A joke that I have never heard of?
    This camouflage Yaris looks more like i20

    Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

  2. Likes: flat_right (18th March 2020)
  3. #10362
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ä s k y l ä
    Posts
    3,000
    Like
    12,841
    Liked 1,544 Times in 757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    This camouflage Yaris looks more like i20

    Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Yes, a lot like that old i20 what Hyundai is still using.
    I´m just waiting when H will starts testing with new i20 ?
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  4. #10363
    Member flat_right's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    55
    Like
    20
    Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts
    Actually I have also one question about testing. How is this avoided that Toyota isn't testing any parts of current car? I mean some engine parts, suspension... If they can run this Toyota i20 as much as they want, maybe they can test some old and new parts and if they see progress, they can later do shorter test with Yaris as they have more info from the i20 test.

  5. #10364
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5,578
    Like
    4,925
    Liked 5,968 Times in 2,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    Actually I have also one question about testing. How is this avoided that Toyota isn't testing any parts of current car? I mean some engine parts, suspension... If they can run this Toyota i20 as much as they want, maybe they can test some old and new parts and if they see progress, they can later do shorter test with Yaris as they have more info from the i20 test.
    I don't think they have any additional test days for the 2021 model. There will be some for developing the 2022 cars though.

    Also remember that Toyota can test the 2021 car in their designated test area, where testing is unlimited anyway.

  6. Likes: flat_right (18th March 2020),pantealex (18th March 2020)
  7. #10365
    Member flat_right's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    55
    Like
    20
    Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I don't think they have any additional test days for the 2021 model. There will be some for developing the 2022 cars though.

    Also remember that Toyota can test the 2021 car in their designated test area, where testing is unlimited anyway.
    Of course, forgot that somehow, that basically you can test how much you want in your designated test area. Thanks!

  8. #10366
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    8,598
    Like
    3,810
    Liked 7,596 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Tänak and Märtin testing in South-Estonia

    https://youtu.be/k1afMLf-rqc
    https://youtu.be/Ykdhl0WfZR8
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

  9. #10367
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,239
    Like
    61
    Liked 197 Times in 116 Posts
    glad that something is going on finally. videos are horrible with that music and constant slow motions

  10. #10368
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    8,598
    Like
    3,810
    Liked 7,596 Times in 3,158 Posts
    nice vid from Dirtfish about Tänaks last week test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7BF...ature=youtu.be

    which is again unfortunately ruined by the music
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

  11. #10369
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    13,578
    Like
    2,668
    Liked 6,467 Times in 3,409 Posts
    Toyota drivers just to test the current car to prepare for Finland. The 2021 car can wait.

    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/toyot...e-rule-change/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •