Page 25 of 1269 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735751255251025 ... LastLast

Thread: WRC Testing

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    It looks really bad for Subaru. May it be that the structural differencies between the Subaru and Cit/Ford are to big to come to grips with? Seems like it anyway: the Subaru is a little to big for it own good, and I also think that it has some aerodynamical drawbacks compared to Cit/Ford. The giant spoiler that they used before made the car understeer when sliding for one example. I remeber Petter mentioning sliding at high speeds causing the Subaru to loose its balance slightly, but that was two years ago...
    I guess the CW, wheather you look at the cars front first, or from tha side, is better in Cit/Ford, and that is not really easy to build yourself around...
    That doesn't make sense as hatchbacks usually have worse aerodynamics, unless its the way Subaru set it up?
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pictures (mostly from test camp) and short comments from Petter Solberg's blogg can be found here:

http://www.vgb.no/20075/

He says that he's happy with the progress - and mentioned that Phil had commented that it has been a long while since he has seen Petter smile that much on testing. A good sign!
    ...may the force be with you...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When I was at Rally Sweden I was talking to someone (sorry can't name them for obvious reasons) very important in SWRT and his comments were basically along the line of: here we go again, we have just got the 06 right and now we have to start on the 07. It was more of how he said it rather than what he said that left me with impression that testing on the 07 model hasn't been good at all up to Rally Sweden.

Another team member (less in the know) basically said we just have to get through 07 and wait for the totally new 08 car before we start kicking arse.

For the sake of Subaru and the sport lets hope they have made some huge advancements in Spain.

Cheers

Curry

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by curry
    When I was at Rally Sweden I was talking to someone (sorry can't name them for obvious reasons) very important in SWRT and his comments were basically along the line of: here we go again, we have just got the 06 right and now we have to start on the 07. It was more of how he said it rather than what he said that left me with impression that testing on the 07 model hasn't been good at all up to Rally Sweden.

Another team member (less in the know) basically said we just have to get through 07 and wait for the totally new 08 car before we start kicking arse.
    Not a good sign of the state of the team. Two different stories about the same topic.

But, I do hope Subaru can get it all back together.
    "We are in the ****, but the championship is long. Mugello will be difficult because of the long straight. But we will fight there with a knife between the teeth!" Valentino Rossi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by curry

For the sake of Subaru and the sport lets hope they have made some huge advancements in Spain.

Cheers

Curry
    It's funny that team member thinks "they got the 06 car right" because as a SWRT fan, I thought the 06 car got better but was never right til very end Hopefully the team won't get satisfied by finishing behind 2 Ford and 2 Citroen in every rally
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koko0703
    It's funny that team member thinks "they got the 06 car right" because as a SWRT fan, I thought the 06 car got better but was never right til very end Hopefully the team won't get satisfied by finishing behind 2 Ford and 2 Citroen in every rally
    2 Citroens yes, but 3-4 Fords!))
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ar...
    It's just agonizing to see how SWRT is working. Two different stories to think about...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Sauron
    2 Citroens yes, but 3-4 Fords!))
    Nah, Petter will beats all Fords and probably also Loeb in Mexico. Mark my words.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    Nah, Petter will beats all Fords and probably also Loeb in Mexico. Mark my words.
    Nothing would please me more - but I have strong doubts about that, Petter's comments isn't entirely positive.
    ...may the force be with you...

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Doesn't look to bad here http://www.vgb.no/20075/
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net